"Moving" With DirecTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

crowderk

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Iowa
I'm considering having DirecTV. I live where locals are not available. Can you 'move' with DirecTV similar to DISH? After install how long should you wait before changing? Thanks.

CALL 1-800-824-9077 they will tell you -if you move with Directv you will start a new commit -so if you have dish that and move that rule may apply as well

The County I Live In does not have locals so I would To like ‘move’ and provide a service address one County Over.

There are so few areas that Directv doesn't offer locals that it's rare to have a question about it. I've heard of customers "moving" virtually immediately after getting service, but you might want to wait a couple of weeks.

If they don't have locals couldn't you get the ny or la locals without even "moving" or do they not do that anymore?

If they don't have locals couldn't you get the ny or la locals without even "moving" or do they not do that anymore?
Yes, you get either LA or NYC locals depending upon where you are. It sounds like the TS wants "local" locals though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)