Moving (yes, really)...any promotions on receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Andrewwski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
I have a friend who is moving...right now they have an H20 and a D11. They will need another H20 or H21 and HR20 or HR21 for their new TV's. If I understand correctly, they will need to pay $200 for the HR20(1) and $100 for the H20(1). Plus they would want the OTA tuner if it's an HR21 so that's another $60.

So basically it's going to cost them at least $300 for the new equipment, right?

If so, they have something like 11 months left on the contract...that would be about $140 to break it. They could go to Dish and get the equivalent receivers from them for free.

Does DirecTV have any way that current customers can get more receivers without paying a lot of money? They're happy with DirecTV, but not so happy that they wouldn't jump ship if it saves them $150 or so.

Ask them if they have called Mover's Connection or Retention. They hopefully will have some sort of special for them, even if it is a monthly service credit of $10 for 6 - 12 months.

Search the forum for other approaches, many great tips have been revealed on getting things for free or at a great discount.

Yeah...current promotion is free Starz and Showtime for 3 months...they don't really care about that and it doesn't make it less expensive.

I don't know if retention will work as well when your under contract (although we're about ready to break it).

I'm in the middle of a move right now too. I called the mover's connection number and am getting an HR21 for $99 - it's regularly $199. (this will be my second HR2* series DVR). I simply asked if I was eligible for any discounts.

I'm also getting NFL Sunday Ticket and the Premiere package for 4 months for $74.99/mo. This price will replace my current cost for Total Choice Plus of about $55/mo. So for $20 extra a month, I get ST (and they're giving me Superfan for free) and all the premium channels. Not too bad as I was interested in getting ST anyways.

Just call 877-616-MOVE and ask what discounts/specials you're eligible for with your move.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)