Moving...yes, really moving

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rick4464

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 25, 2005
Point of Rocks, MD
Back in Dec of 05 I wanted to upgrade to the new MPEG 4 receiver before they went to the lease agreements. I let the CSR know I may move in 1 year and did not want the 2 year deal so how much would I have to pay. After a while, we made a fair arrangement and paid $200 (I think) for the receiver.

Fast forward to present day. I am moving in 3 weeks and called DTV to make arrangements. My original intention was to cancel since I thought my contract was up or close to it and I was also shopping around for my options. Of course, come to find out I was set up for 2 years instead of one, with this information coming from their call center overseas. I was calm but upset because of my initial discussion with the CSR the year earlier. They put me through to retention in the US and we discussed. Needless to say I feel I got a fair deal but want everyone's opinion.

I am renewing for 2 years with the HD pack and getting the new HDDVR (when they get more) for $50. I also brought up the lack of HD and what other companies offer as well as the loss of TNT HD because of football. Because of that, they threw in a $10 credit for 12 months and 6 months of HBO and Showtime channels free. Since the DVR is on back order I am getting a second HD receiver for free plus shipping (I will have a new HDTV in the house) with the ability to replace it when the DVR is out.

Does it sound like a fair deal? I also want thoughts about how I can get the new 5LNB for the new house as opposed to the monster on my house now and if the installer would install everything needed to supply 2 Phillips DTV DVR's (each 2 inputs), 1 GAEBOA, my old HD receiver, and the new HDDVR receiver on the one dish.

Thanks for any input and sorry if it's such long reading. I know I don't comment too much but always enjoy learning and listening about everything that goes on here.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply. I see that many people read my post but no one left any response. It's not that I'm trying to get more, but I have seen so many people get so many different deals. Since they pretty much had me by the b***s for the additional year unless I paid, I just wanted a confirmation that I did get a good deal.

I also consider that a fair deal. Regarding the dish, you will only get a Slimline if they have run out of AT9s in your area. That said, the slimline is only slightly smaller than the AT9. it is shorter but a little wider. Your description listed 7 inputs so a single WB68 multiswitch will handle what you need.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)