New Weather Channel....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jackm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Any news on the New Weather channel coming to Directv? I think it would be a great addition.

New Weather Channel

Yes its from the current weather channel and from what I understand Dish Network either has it up and running or will shortly - with your local weather on the 8's, severe weather alerts...etc....you plug in the zip code you want...and you can pick up to 5 different ones. Scott G had a very nice presentation on this site about it...Would love to see Direct TV also pick it up.

Oh your talking about the new Weather Channel interactive that Dish Network has come out with. I wish Directv would have something like that instead of the crappy active weather they have now but I don't think that will ever happen.

I think that DirecTV's weather is pretty good.I enter my zipcode on my D11,I can access full color weather maps.Can also
access up to 5 different cities and when I'm on the active channel the weather is being updated all this in full color.Sure beats
Dish when I had it.:)

Last edited:
I like what they have already as well, plus with the real Weather Channel, internet, local TV and radio weather, sticking my head out the window, and 24/7 traffic & weather for my city on Sirius. I don't see much need to change it.

I think the interactive weather maps suck hard, I'd kill for locals on the 8s, I'd give up all interactive functions for the 8s.

damaged said:
I think the interactive weather maps suck hard, I'd kill for locals on the 8s, I'd give up all interactive functions for the 8s.

Boy... it is a great day in age in America when we can describe our displeasure for something as "suck hard"! :haha

Jhon69 said:
I think that DirecTV's weather is pretty good.I enter my zipcode on my D11,I can access full color weather maps.Can also
access up to 5 different cities and when I'm on the active channel the weather is being updated all this in full color.Sure beats
Dish when I had it.:)
Thats pretty cool.
I did not know that was all available, mostly because I have not had the time to really check out the "Active" button.
The HR20-700 does the same as the d11 you mentioned.

Jimbo

my active button does nothing - I am in the dc area, does this mean I dont have the active weather option? or do I need to set something up.

T

mots-a said:
my active button does nothing - I am in the dc area, does this mean I dont have the active weather option? or do I need to set something up.

T

Afaik, only the D11, D10, R15, and I guess the HR20 (according to Jimbos), have that functionality, correct me if I missed any.

damaged said:
Afaik, only the D11, D10, R15, and I guess the HR20 (according to Jimbos), have that functionality, correct me if I missed any.
Ya I did not know mine had it, but it does !!! (HR20-700)

I'd like the "Local on the 8's" as well, but unfortunately local cable co's get that feed.

I use the antenna hooked up to my H20 to get our local station's multi-casted, sub channel (WXYZ Channel 7-2 here in Detroit). Its excellent. It has multiple radar screens, current and 5-day temps for the cities in this area.

mots-a said:

T
What receiver do you have? The interactive functions are not enabled on the H10 and H20. :usa

Jimbos said:
Thats pretty cool.
I did not know that was all available, mostly because I have not had the time to really check out the "Active" button.
The HR20-700 does the same as the d11 you mentioned.

Jimbo

This will be an option for the new HR-20? Awesome!

I hate what I have now since all I have is the same crap you get in a hotel that covers the whole country, and has no personal local info.

Last edited:
If you have OTA HD you don't miss "local on the 8's" that much. You can get NBC Weather Plus, on a digital sub channel, and it is more informative and up to date than Weather Channel's text screens are.

I know in our area we have NBC Weather Plus and two channels of radar, on sub channels. One of the radar channels is in HD.

It would be nice if they would active the H20's Active button though. Why they put out a new receiver without it 100% operational is strange.

mcbeevee said:
What receiver do you have? The interactive functions are not enabled on the H10 and H20. :usa

I thought HR20 was interactive? Is it not?

lou_do said:
Nope, it is listed "For Future Use", in the H10 & H20 manuals, and nothing happens when you press it on either one.

Yea, i know my H20 does not work with the "Mix" channels, and I hoping th HR would.

CRAP!

ktk3438 said:
Yea, i know my H20 does not work with the "Mix" channels, and I hoping th HR would.

CRAP!

On the Mix Channels, with an H20 the only thing that works is the yellow button, will switch between the audio of the different channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)