New Weather Channel....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The local on the 8's on 214 is identical to what cable sees now.The only difference is that on dish you have to mash select when the banner comes up.I asked them about local on the 8's in my email and they told me all about how it works but they wouldn't give me a date.I would at least like to see it early before the interactive version on channel 100 rolls out to all receivers in 2-3 weeks.That would make the wait a little easier.I emailed the tech forum and asked them about local on the 8's.I'm hoping a lot of other people did too.Maybe they will tell when on the tech show Monday.I'm more interested in local on the 8's then I am the interactive version on 100 because of the slideshow they will show on 214 and the radar on 214 is just for your state where the one on 100 shows several states.

I personally like weather while I already ate on DIRECTV.:D

The interactive weather on DirecTV is a joke. The maps look like some cheese from 1990. This thing that Dish is doing sounds good. Now maybe DirecTV can take the ball and run with it.

New Weather Channel look

That's Accuweather for ya. :)

I've been told on a TWC messageboard that it's coming. It's been undergoing testing in Atlanta for quite some time, but won't reveal when DirecTV viewers will get it.

From a link in one of these threads it states that it will be a few months before we see locals on the 8's. I guess when someone said next year they were right on. We will see it next year folks. 2007. Happy Holidays.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)