"Moving"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cah1975

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Pardon me for living in a cave, but when everyone talks about "moving" to another city to get a particular team's baseball games, what are you referring to? Do you have to turn your sat. dish in another direction or is it as simple as changing the zip code on your billing address? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this...I'm just a bit perturbed by living 1 1/2 hours from Chicago and getting Cubs and Sox games blacked out on CSN Chicago.

What 'moving' refers to is changing the service address (you need the full address: number with street name, city and zip). It must be an actual address which the provider can access in their data base and also be one that is not already being used by an existing customer.

So do I need to call customer service to change my service address or can I do that online? My Mom lives in the city I want to "move" to and she has Comcast cable. Would her address work for me then? She lives in South Bend and I live in St. Joseph, MI.

This would work if you used her address; just make sure that if she were to ever get e* for service, you would change your service address. If you are a regular dish network subscriber (not bundled with phone company) you can usually do through the online chat on the website, otherwise just call their 800 number.

So do I need to call customer service to change my service address or can I do that online? My Mom lives in the city I want to "move" to and she has Comcast cable. Would her address work for me then? She lives in South Bend and I live in St. Joseph, MI.

Couple of things to consider:
If you need equipment replaced or a service call, you have to "move back" before calling. They will mail / show up at your moms address.
Also you will most likely no longer get your current locals (other than OTA). South Bend is on the 119 sat so you will most likely get those without adding or moving dishes.

Don't move to South Bend. Move to Chicago. The Sox and Cubs both play on the U as well, and you won't get the U in South frickin Bend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts