'Moving'

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wesro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Eufaula, Alabama
Sorry for this guys I searched and couldn't fine the answers I needed.

I have a 'friend' that is 'moving' to Atlanta from Alabama. He has two quick questions.

1. This 'friend' has a land line hooked to his HR20 for the CallerID. The land line is VoIP through the cable company. Is this going to be a problem with it calling out from an Alabama area code since he 'moved' to Atlanta?

2. There is going to be a time difference, the new address will be in the Eastern time zone and my 'friend' is in the Central time zone. I know he can manually change the time back but is there anything about the time zones I need to know that could cause problems?

Thanks

The phone isn't an issue as long as it is the number that is on that directv account.

Actually, I don't think you can manually change the time on newer receivers, the time is tied to the zip code of the service address. Either way, it will not cause problems, just the guide will reflect the time zone it expects to be in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts