moving. . .

You can chat online and tell them of your new SERVICE address and tell them you are already installed and watching tv. THen make sure you tell them that your BILLING address & phone number will still be the old address you are really at. Then ask for them to turn on the locals for the new area you "moved" to.

You can chat online and tell them of your new SERVICE address and tell them you are already installed and watching tv. THen make sure you tell them that your BILLING address & phone number will still be the old address you are really at. Then ask for them to turn on the locals for the new area you "moved" to.

That's it. Works every time.

They know, but as long as you put it that way, they don't care. I had one guy ask me if I left my stuff at my other house for the next person and I just told him that this is a temporary move for work and my billing address was unoccupied. He told me good luck, you're new locals should be on any minute.

Oops. I left that out of my post. Use thelist to find the locals you want, to check the beam. Then you can menu 6-1-1 and check out your signal strength on the spot. Now if you are eastern arc, you can choose from tons of them, as most are CONUS on 77.

On western arc, it is all spot beams.

thanks guys, i will be using the NY address and they networks are in the conus beam so i wont believe i would change it back on returning home. . .i wont tell them this btw.

what sat?

thanks guys, i will be using the NY address and they networks are in the conus beam so i wont believe i would change it back on returning home. . .i wont tell them this btw.

What sat are you looking at? The NY locals for Eastern Arc are all on spotbeams on 61.5. I don't think that any NY locals are on conus for either arc. Better check before the chat. Western Arc NY (SD) are on 119 on conus but that may be All American Direct.

Last edited:
What sat are you looking at? The NY locals for Eastern Arc are all on spotbeams on 61.5. I don't think that any NY locals are on conus for either arc. Better check before the chat.

The big 4 NY locals are on tp 19 on sat 119 ( I had them before the last transition), so it was conus, I did not have the rest of the NY locals, they were on a spotbeam.

I believe All American Direct(Sobongo) has the SD NY channels on 119 and HD channels on 110. They are a separate corporation from DISH Network.

What sat are you looking at? The NY locals for Eastern Arc are all on spotbeams on 61.5. I don't think that any NY locals are on conus for either arc. Better check before the chat. Western Arc NY (SD) are on 119 on conus but that may be All American Direct.

im on the WA and if you take a look at TP15 and TP20 you will see they (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW) are all there in the conus beam

www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish119.htmlhttp://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish119.html

NY HD locals are spot on 61.5, the sd ones are one 119 and 110, some are on spot, but the six networks and one pbs are conus, the balance are on spot.

Separate company that sells distant networks through DISH receivers. You have to have a DISH account to apply for distants through All American Direct or Sobongo , the new name. You can apply for HD feeds from L.A. Pacific time or HD feeds from Chicago for Central time off of the 110 satellite. Also Sd feeds are available on the 119 satellite for New York and San Francisco.

Rented TPs

im on the WA and if you take a look at TP15 and TP20 you will see they (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW) are all there in the conus beam

www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish119.htmlhttp://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish119.html

See Ice's, boba, & my post. These are rented TP's by All American Direct. They will cost extra money. Lyngsat is not a good resource for that kind of info. the list we have here is much better & correct. Now please go thru the list and find a spotbeam tp and ck it to see if you can get the NY locals. Once you tune to that tp it will need to switch to spotbeam. If it doesn't then you are not going to pick up the channels you are looking for.

MikeD,
I still learning here, but with the info I just read in this thread am I right in thinking that I could "move" to Chicago, and get the Chicago locals? They are on 61.5, TP 11 & 09, Spot beam 11. I'm in Fairdale (Louisville), KY and am on the EA.

This would be great for me being an old Chicago boy, and I could still get the KY locals OTA for my wife. That's if I understanding correctly what's been stated in this thread.:)

Ghpr13:)

MikeD,
I still learning here, but with the info I just read in this thread am I right in thinking that I could "move" to Chicago, and get the Chicago locals? They are on 61.5, TP 11 & 09, Spot beam 11. I'm in Fairdale (Louisville), KY and am on the EA.

This would be great for me being an old Chicago boy, and I could still get the KY locals OTA for my wife. That's if I understanding correctly what's been stated in this thread.:)

Ghpr13:)

I'm not sure that the Chicago spot beams are going to reach Louisville:

SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - DISH Network 61.5°W

It close.....

You need to be in a spotbeam near your area within 100 miles. For instance I am in Nederland, Texas, 90 miles from Houston and I can get a 50 - 55 signal on the spotbeam for Houston locals, which I sub to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)