moving. . .

MikeD,
I still learning here, but with the info I just read in this thread am I right in thinking that I could "move" to Chicago, and get the Chicago locals? They are on 61.5, TP 11 & 09, Spot beam 11. I'm in Fairdale (Louisville), KY and am on the EA.

This would be great for me being an old Chicago boy, and I could still get the KY locals OTA for my wife. That's if I understanding correctly what's been stated in this thread.:)

Ghpr13:)

Go to your point dish screen and select that sat and TP and see if the transponder changes to spot beam and what the signal is. If it changes to spot beam and the signal is steady and green, then you can probably "move".

I'm not sure that the Chicago spot beams are going to reach Louisville:

SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - DISH Network 61.5°W

It close.....

You need to be in a spotbeam near your area within 100 miles. For instance I am in Nederland, Texas, 90 miles from Houston and I can get a 50 - 55 signal on the spotbeam for Houston locals, which I sub to.

Go to your point dish screen and select that sat and TP and see if the transponder changes to spot beam and what the signal is. If it changes to spot beam and the signal is steady and green, then you can probably "move".

Hey, thanks to all 3 of you for all the info. I'll check out my point dish screen tomorrow and post what I find.
Thanks again for the help!:)

Ghpr13:)

Keep in mind, you will also get sports programming from NY, not from your actual location if that matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)