Moving

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alvarez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Brownsburg, IN
I will be moving in about a month and a half... I would rather a professional install and I know you can call DirectV and arrange for them to come out and install your stuff but I ran into a bunch of crap about them installing my OTA antenna or even leaving a Diplexer for me to run my OTA antenna myself.

Basically even though D* had agreed before my installation that the installer would install the 4 rooms and my current OTA antenna that was left behind by VOOM the installer said he had no order for it and I would have to pay him for it.

He called D* and the lady said nothing was written about them doing it.. I talked him into leaving a diplexer and I undid his install and ran the OTA antenna after he left. So my question is this... I am now moving and would like my OTA antenna hooked up and a professional install as this is a newer nice house.... How should I go about it and about how much in advance should I call them to book the install?

I just used the "Movers Connection" service and they were great!! I told the CSR that I had an antenna and to make sure she added the install to the order. They used a sattelite mount and stuck it up and wired it. They also used a 4 position ground block and tied it all the a water pipe. Very good job. Make sure you call the special mover connection number to set it up, 1-877-616-MOVE, instead of the normal number.

Thanks!!! We are really psyched up..

I contacted the movers connection and they said that they would hook up the OTA antenna but they WILL NOT hook up the 2 lines needed for a DVR because I don't currently have one...

I am thinkin about activating one of my old old receivers I have laying around and listing it as family room also so they will have to hook up 2 receivers... then I can hook the lines up to a DVR later.

Alvarez said:
Thanks!!! We are really psyched up..

I contacted the movers connection and they said that they would hook up the OTA antenna but they WILL NOT hook up the 2 lines needed for a DVR because I don't currently have one...

I am thinkin about activating one of my old old receivers I have laying around and listing it as family room also so they will have to hook up 2 receivers... then I can hook the lines up to a DVR later.
That may be a lot easier than adding a wire later!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)