Moving

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
I am currently thinking about "moving" my directv service to get locals but I had a few questions.

1. I live in zip code 39567 which is about 30 miles from mobile. Would I be able to get that spotbeam from my location?

2. How do I change my physical address but keep my billing address the same...I have a PO Box. What about having to change my phone number or could I keep the same one?

3. I have the protection plan so I am assuming that I would have to cancel it.

4. Will I go to jail if they find out I dont live where I say that I do?

Thanks for the help guys. By the way what do I tell them when I call to make my move. What is a good line to use:devil:

bmer said:
I am currently thinking about "moving" my directv service to get locals but I had a few questions.

1. I live in zip code 39567 which is about 30 miles from mobile. Would I be able to get that spotbeam from my location?
should be fine. FInd out which spotbeam Mobile is on and check it before you move :)

2. How do I change my physical address but keep my billing address the same...I have a PO Box. What about having to change my phone number or could I keep the same one?
just call them and say you moved but want to keep billing address the same. DOnt worry about the number. I "moved" twice and had my home number (which is 180 miles and a different area code) than my "physical" location

3. I have the protection plan so I am assuming that I would have to cancel it.
you can keep it. If you need service, you have to move back to your legit house

4. Will I go to jail if they find out I dont live where I say that I do?
um, no. If they ever caught you, all they would do is move you back to your legit house. You're paying so it doesnt matter

Thanks for the help guys. By the way what do I tell them when I call to make my move. What is a good line to use:devil:
Hi. I need to move my service. I already have moved and got my Dish up and working

Cust Svc will ask for your "new" address

give that to them and tell them "my billing address is different than the physical"

give them billing (your PO box)

thats it

Add locals via the web or "stupidly" ask them about the programming. When I "moved" to get my old hometown locals (still in spotbeam) I asked them "now, my programming stays the same..right? What about locals. Do they stay the same? (or in your case since it sounds like you dont have them, say "can I get locals"?

where would I go to check the spotbeam map.....I mean what website that is.

There hasn't been an updated accurate one in a long time (YET), but you shoud be able to search/test your "moved to" zip codes in the DMA zip code tool that DirecTV has because that is what they will go by.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)