MPEG 2 HD channel problems on HR20-700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
I have had the HR20-700 for 14 months and the whole time, I have had loud popping noise's and crackling every few seconds to were they are unwatchable, but no problems on the MPEG4 or any SD channels, I have been back an forth with D on this an they cant figure out what it is , They never offer to send out a tech but did offer to replace the box and that was just recently , I declinde becasue I dont want another box that might do the same thing . I dont have this problem on the 2 HD Tivos on the same channels. I have ordered 2 B-Band Converter BBC's to replace the ones on there to see if that changes anything. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks!

I have had the HR20-700 for 14 months and the whole time, I have had loud popping noise's and crackling every few seconds to were they are unwatchable, but no problems on the MPEG4 or any SD channels, I have been back an forth with D on this an they cant figure out what it is , They never offer to send out a tech but did offer to replace the box and that was just recently , I declinde becasue I dont want another box that might do the same thing . I dont have this problem on the 2 HD Tivos on the same channels. I have ordered 2 B-Band Converter BBC's to replace the ones on there to see if that changes anything. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks!

You should have had them send you a new one... they would more than likely have a tech bring one out to you and you could diagnose it with him.
You didn't say, but I'm presuming that you are connected directly to your TV and not thru an audio system.
If you are using one type of connection, try another one, swap from Component to HDMI if it's an option, or vice versa and see if your problem goes away or not and go from there.

Jimbo

I have it directly to the Tv and have tried it on 3 different tv's, all connected 3 different ways. Still the same, I am going to see if anything changes when I get the BBC's , if it does'nt I will call D and have them send me another receiver.

Wild guess - 119 LOS issue? I'm having one now, due to a lilac tree that's growing like a weed. This could selectively impact MPEG2 HD, and not most SD and MPEG4 HD

Single on
101 I get 97 on both tuners
110- I get 90
119- I get 99
103c I get 94
Is one if these numbers to low and could be causing it?

No, those look quite good.

When you say "directly to the tv" how so? This could be a byproduct of bad DD audio translation.

Have you tried setting the audio to PCM?

Yeah I tired PCM , no matter what, its the same channels 71,72,73,75,76,79 I dont have 74 or 78 . Are any of those channels in MPEG 4 yet? I thought 209 was espn 2 HD and it was MPEG 4 but I still get the loud popping from that channels to . I ordered the bbc's 2 weeks ago but havent gotten them , I hope they fix it , if not I will have to get another receiver.

Yeah I tired PCM , no matter what, its the same channels 71,72,73,75,76,79 I dont have 74 or 78 . Are any of those channels in MPEG 4 yet? I thought 209 was espn 2 HD and it was MPEG 4 but I still get the loud popping from that channels to . I ordered the bbc's 2 weeks ago but havent gotten them , I hope they fix it , if not I will have to get another receiver.

ESPN and ESPN2 are still mpeg2. Only ESPN News is mpeg4.

Lobo,
Are you by chance connected via HDMI cables ?

If so, try Component and see if that helps any, way back in the beginning, there were alot of HDMI issues causing trouble.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts