Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
FL
Removed from 61.5° TP 4
577 PFC PFC Internacional (Brazil)
598 RBTI RBTI Brasilero (Brazil)
797 SHARA Sahara One (Hindi)
9850 KBS KBS World

I do not understand how dish thought they could just toss these internationals aside
due to the problems with Echo 8 @ 77 since they could have easily fit them onto 61.5 TP 29 which currently only has 9 channels compared to the 15-16 on all other MPEG-2 QPSK TPs at 61.5

Also removed from 61.5° TP 4
9393 3ABN Three Angels Broadcasting
9402 HHS Health and Human Services
9405 PNTGN Pentagon Channel
9406 ARTS Classic Arts Showcase
9413 ALMA AlmaVision Hispanic Network
9418 PAEC Florida Ed Channel/PAEC

The public info required channels could also have been squeezed onto 8PSK TPs at 61.5

Hopefully these services will be given some attention and restored today.

If dish had bother to convert all remaining international customers on 61.5 to MPEG4 8PSK capable equipment they would have had even more room to work with here,
I can't understand the logic in having left the international services on the EA but still in MPEG2 QPSK. Its 2011 already, for petes sake Dish! Now they are going to be racing to play catch up and get these remaining MPEG2 only customers either over to 118 once and for all if they have LOS or converting all their legacy equipment to VIP series 8PSK MPEG4 recievers.

Last edited:
They tossed the internationals aside since they are the smallest number of subs. Dish knows which channels are watched. In an emergency like this where they had to toss channels because of equipment outtage, they toss the least watched channels

Yes, I realize that but they could have been restored to TP 29 @ 61.5, they even tossed the 61.5 barker slate from ch 9902.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)