Mpeg 4 dvr delayed until late year

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Questioner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
According to a reliable poster at avsforums......unbelievable but not unexpected. So much for recording the fall premieres.

Looks like I wont be upgrading until next year then. Long live MPEG2

Questioner said:
According to a reliable poster at avsforums......unbelievable but not unexpected. So much for recording the fall premieres.
LOL!!! That info is not from a reliable source!!! Brine has been the shame of that HD forum for years. He's never right and always give bad info. For example, in the same post he's state that if you turn to channel 102 and press the red button that you will get interactive feature and with the "H20" which is currently not active for interactivity!!!:rolleyes: Don't belive this guy!

Well, he hasnt been reliable all the time, but is always defending directv, and usually when he is wrong, it's with an attempt to make them look good, so I don't know why he would give wrong info here.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am still hearing around the beginning of September.
I was told the same thing when talking to retention on Saturday. I got an H20 from them and the AT9 dish and as an HR10 owner I am "anxiously" awaiting this release.

I was also told by technical support that the fall it will be released and that he has seen pictures of the device. No talk of a delay. Slim line dishes also this fall.

TulsaCoker said:
Well Fall is September 23 to December 21.

Not to directv if the past is any indication, before december 21st, perhaps, but not much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.