Status
Please reply by conversation.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
Those with MPEG2-only HD receivers (e.g. HR10-250 HD Tivo's) should be receiving notices soon of the impending shutoff of channels 70, 72, 73, 75, 76, and 79.

More free space on 110 - hmmmm :)

Maybe for internationals or something else besides core programming. With the direction of using only 99, 101 and 103 for core SD/HD channels I don't see them using 110, or 119 for that matter, except for internationals or some other nitch programming.

Those with MPEG2-only HD receivers (e.g. HR10-250 HD Tivo's) should be receiving notices soon of the impending shutoff of channels 70, 72, 73, 75, 76, and 79.

More free space on 110 - hmmmm :)
I wish but doubt it! They will probably put ethnics there if anything. I would love my LOCALS or more national HD!:up

Personally, I would like to see some eastern (SD) locals moved from 119. Putting far eastern markets on 119 makes little sense, given LOS concerns.

But, you're right - this is unlikely to cause even a ripple for most.

Personally, I would like to see some eastern (SD) locals moved from 119. Putting far eastern markets on 119 makes little sense, given LOS concerns.

That probably wouldn't happen since that might require truck rolls to folks that have older dishes without the 110 LNB on them.

Wow i agree i did not realize they had eastern locals on 119.:confused:

That probably wouldn't happen since that might require truck rolls to folks that have older dishes without the 110 LNB on them.

Agreed, but I would have to think that the number of 101 / 119 only subs, at this point, is ridiculously small.

Wouldn't most LIL customers have come after 110 came on? Meaning, they would likely have 101/110/119 as a base install, anyway. I'm thinking the only 101/119 people would be para todos customers, who never had HD.

Agreed, but I would have to think that the number of 101 / 119 only subs, at this point, is ridiculously small.

Wouldn't most LIL customers have come after 110 came on? Meaning, they would likely have 101/110/119 as a base install, anyway. I'm thinking the only 101/119 people would be para todos customers, who never had HD.

Don't know, but I know when I first got HD from DirecTV the dish had only two LNB's for it, 101 and 119, to get 110 you had to add the sat C kit, that was back on 2001. Don't know when after that the phase III dish became the standard for HD or the 119 LIL crowd.

Don't know, but I know when I first got HD from DirecTV the dish had only two LNB's on it, 101 and 119, to get 110 you had to add the sat C kit, that was back on 2001. Don't know when after that the phase III dish became the standard for HD or the 119 LIL crowd.

My first oval dish came with a RCA DRD420RE, it too only had the 101/119 LNB's, the dish was not marked "Para Todos"
I purchased a Eagle Aspen 110 SAT "C" kit on ebay to get 110 sat. I used that dish set-up with my RCA DTC210 until I got a SL5 dish and a H21.

I still see a good number of the oval dishes marked "Para Todos" around here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)