MPEG4 with FTA question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

armyvet

Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Is there an MPEG4 capable FTA rec on the market today and if so are there any reviews?

thanks in advance!:flag:

Or if you get a PC DVB card with the right codecs you can pickup 4:2:2 and MPEG4. (It is a little bit more difficult to setup and work with than a STB)

coolsat 8000 is one of them

not much mpeg4 on fta though
There are a bunch of channels on C-band, although mainly on DVB-S2, and you run into some on DBS sats. Not too many on regular Ku, but it's becoming more and more common. You're definately going to need mpeg4 pretty soon, as it is becoming more and more popular.

but considering the DBS sats are subscription only again not much for the true FTA'er

Subscription yes, but not always scrambled.
I've seen many dozen mpeg4 channels unencrypted, both HD and SD on a DBS sat. Most didn't last long, and went back to encrypted status, but there is still at least one nice mpeg4 HD channel that has been FTA for nearly 6 months now. You just have to keep looking, which I usually don't bother doing, but sometimes I stumble onto things. Unfortunately, sometimes these things require manual entry, ie won't scan in, and I haven't figured out a way of specifying mpeg4 manual channels via manual entry on the Coolsat or Diamond stbs I have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GCN Radio on 97W

amc 15 how is this possible 5150 on ku

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)