Please reply by conversation.

vassho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
Im trying to set up one of my dishes and got c band to track fine
trying to tune in ku. by some strange occurance using a coolsat

i am picking up on my ku lnb amc 15 with a freq of 5150

I thought i was loseing my mind unhooked the c band just leaving it on the dsr922 and hooking up the ku to my FTA receiver and catching amc 15 at a freq of 5150 wont pick up on 10750 and it is the ku bird im getting

any ideas whats happening
i thought my ku lnb wasnt good until this happen

Im puzzeled as whats going on

Are you sure you don't have your wires crossed or leakage in a DiSEqC switch?

Are you using separate LNBs for C and Ku?

Perhaps your receiver thinks it is on C band. What are the frequencies displayed?

Im trying to set up one of my dishes and got c band to track fine
trying to tune in ku. by some strange occurance using a coolsat

i am picking up on my ku lnb amc 15 with a freq of 5150

I thought i was loseing my mind unhooked the c band just leaving it on the dsr922 and hooking up the ku to my FTA receiver and catching amc 15 at a freq of 5150 wont pick up on 10750 and it is the ku bird im getting

any ideas whats happening
i thought my ku lnb wasnt good until this happen

Im puzzeled as whats going on

You aren't too clear re what freq you were receiving, etc, but I would assume that you're saying that you're receiving C-band freqs when you use 5150 as the LO freq, perhaps when doing a blind scan??? If so, that is expected. None of these receivers receive either C or Ku. They all receive in the 950- ~2100 range. If you have a 10750 LO lnb, and do a blind scan with a 5150 LO set on the receiver, you'll see freqs in C-band pop up. For example if say there is a 11969 peak on Ku, if use a 5150 LO freq on the receiver, you'll see that freq received as 3931, however the actual freq it's receiving is 1219, ie 11969-10750 or 5150-3931 .
If that's not your situation, then I think you need to describe in more detail what you're seeing.

I don't know how the Coolsat is set up, but on the Traxis I set up a C Band and a Ku Band Antenna for scanning pruposes only. I got the C Band fine, but then I was getting C on the Ku antenna. My reaction was the same, "why is that.? I went back and checked the set up and I had entered 5150 on the Ku setup. Changed it to 10750 and everything was fine. That might not be your problem, but it's something to thing about.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)