MRV - lag issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sppunk

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Harrisburg PA
My HR24 is downstairs and the H24 is upstairs. When I'm upstairs watching a recording show, it is VERY SLOW to fast forward with considerable (4 seconds or so to even begin) lag, and the FF and RW doesn't move much (and this is after pressing the button many times). I feel this isn't right but don't know what the problem could be. Is it perhaps a remote setting? If not this is an issue I'm not pleased with, as it is painful to skip through shows / over commercials because it's so slow and erratic.

The remote works quickly with everything else, and the TV downstairs (connected to the HR24) is quick. It's just upstairs is very slow to ff and rw. Any thoughts on this?

Remote access of recorded programs with MRV is a little slower, but not much. You should not be experiencing that kind of delay. I assume you are using the 30 second slip for skipping commercials. Change to 30 second skip and you will see a drastic improvement. Go to keyword search function. Do a keyword search for "30skip" without the quotes. You will not find anything. Now when you use the skip forward and skip back functions it will skip instead of slip.

Hm, I don't see keyword search function anywhere. The only search I see is Smart Search which searched programs and interactive areas of DTV.

I tried that but it of course searched only shows and brought up no results. Where can I find the menu you are seeking?

(I looked in my manuals and the only keyword search mentioned was also for the guide.)

Thank you!

Yes, MRV using a HR24 and a H24. The H24 is where I'm having the lag.

I should mention this is happening with both the 30 second skip and the normal fast forward / rewind buttons. Their is a good 4-5 second lag before anything happens when those are pushed (when pushed the screen freezes then goes). If I could get that 30 second skip button to actually skip and not slip (like my Dish DVR did), that'd greatly help.

If I could get that 30 second skip button to actually skip and not slip (like my Dish DVR did), that'd greatly help.

Menu > Smart Search

Type 30skip

Highlight "30SKIP Keyword"

Press select

select all

You wont find anything but this should change it from slip to skip.

That worked on the downstairs HR24 (thanks!), but was a no go on the H24. It doesn't have the smart search option, though I did try with the "Search for shows" and select keyword and then 30skip. But no luck.

The lag's annoying. :( I guess I'll have to live with it, I was hoping someone with a MRV setup could let me know if they experience the lag.

I use a self installed MRV (my own home gigabit network) and the slave device has about a 2 or 3 sec lag in remote commands because it has to communicate to the master device and back. Not a big deal. As far as DirecTV install DECA, I have no idea.

Menu > Smart Search

Type 30skip

Highlight "30SKIP Keyword"

Press select

select all

You wont find anything but this should change it from slip to skip.

I don't see a smart search option under menu

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)