MRV New reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SNT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
Indian Harbour Beach, FL
I currently have multi room viewing with 2 HDDVRs and 1 standard DVR without a DECA. Everything works as it should. If I were to add another compatible receiver, would it automatically be in the MRV setup? Meaning seeing the other receivers etc.

Thanks

The new receiver would have to be DECA compatible as you imply that your current receivers are.
The H/HR23s have DECA built in. The others will require a DECA adapter.

The new receiver would have to be DECA compatible as you imply that your current receivers are.

I did not imply that. I said that I do NOT have a DECA. My MRV is setup using only my LAN. Being that this is the case, I wanted to know if I could hook a new receiver to the network and be apart of the MRV automatically. i.e I plug it in and I can see and view the other receivers and vice versa.

Yes, you can just connect it to your network.
When you said "I currently have multi room viewing with 2 HDDVRs and 1 standard DVR without a DECA.", This implied to me that the other DVRs did have DECA. A comma after DVR would have helped me understand. :)

I thought it was the H/HR24s that have the DECAs built in. The H/HR23s have the bbcs built in.

Yes, you can just connect it to your network.
When you said "I currently have multi room viewing with 2 HDDVRs and 1 standard DVR without a DECA.", This implied to me that the other DVRs did have DECA. A comma after DVR would have helped me understand. :)

Yup, I see how it can be read that way. My bad. Thanks for the response.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts