Mrv question _ join in progress

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

powerhouse1960

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
indiana
A question for the mrv experts
This is the scenario watching a show that you have recorded on the dvr
Can someone go to a different room and join the program as it continues to play in the original room , or will you have to start from the beginning and catch up?

I hope I explained this ok
The example would be your watching with spouse one of you goes to kitchen to eat and wants to finish the show.
Thanks.

powerhouse1960 said:
A question for the mrv experts
This is the scenario watching a show that you have recorded on the dvr
Can someone go to a different room and join the program as it continues to play in the original room , or will you have to start from the beginning and catch up?

I hope I explained this ok
The example would be your watching with spouse one of you goes to kitchen to eat and wants to finish the show.
Thanks.

Nope, you just are forced to watch it in 1 room or just simply change the channel and go in the other room and click "resume" from the list menu

Unfortunately only one receiver can play back a recording at a time in a typical DirecTV MRV set-up. Two receivers cannot access and watch the same recording at the same time. That is when using a basic DirecTV set-up. If you wanted to do that on a regular basis, you'd have to run another cable to the other TV and mirror what you are watching. Another words, run a cable (HDMI, Component or Coax), from the reciever in your den and send that signal to your den TV and Kitchen TV at the same time. When you go to the kitchen TV you world need to switch inputs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)