MRV Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

egnlsn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Taylorsville, UT
If I have an HR23, an H21, and a D12, can I watch 3 different recorded programs simultaneously, one via the HR23, another one on the H21, and a different one still on the D12? I can see doing the DVR and another receiver at the same time, but I don't know about the third receiver. Or the combination of the H21 and the D12. Or can the DVR stream only one program at a time?

Okay, let's change that to an HR23 and 2 H21s. The question is, can 2 different things be streamed simultaneously? Watching on a local DVR isn't streaming.

Only one stream from each DVR at a time, unless you have a HR34. If you have a HR34 you can stream 3 things at the same time to any other HD receiver on your Network.

John

So, 1 yes and 1 no. The next question, then, is could I stream a program that resides on DVR1 to watch it on DVR2 while streaming something that resides on DVR2 to watch it on DVR1

Yes. But again that takes up the one streaming slot on both DVRs so a third TV would not be able to stream anything. Each DVR is capable of recording two things at once. The local TV can watch either recording-in-progress, or it can watch a saved recording. That will not affect remote streams. But only ONE remote TV can connect at a time.

If you stream something from DVR 1 to DVR 2, and also watch a live tuner or local recording on DVR 1, then a third TV can still watch something recorded on DVR 2.

Follow?

Sent from my Galaxy SII using some Tappity Talkity thing.

Yes, I knew that local viewing did not effect streaming. My curiosity was solely about streaming.

Thank you for also clarifying my original scenario.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts