MRV Racket!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark0525

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
Ohio
I think it's BS that to get support from Direct with the MVR that you have to order the equipment for 99.00 and then pay 49.99 to have it installed. I pay 5.99 a month for the protection plan and they want to charge me to have it installed and if that's not bad enough it will also change my plan to a new 2 yr plan...what a racket!!!!!! I love my Direct Tv but I hate the control they have over you. I'm networked with most of my tvs but I would of ordered the equipment so all 8 of my tvs would work. They have you by the.......

While I agree the pricing and commitment is too high, I do agree with them that they can't support your setup unless they installed it themselves.

It would be very hard to try supporting something where you have no idea how its setup.

I have absolutely no problem with them not supporting it unless they install it. I do have a major problem with the other issues I posted.

I think it's BS that to get support from Direct with the MVR that you have to order the equipment for 99.00 and then pay 49.99 to have it installed. I pay 5.99 a month for the protection plan and they want to charge me to have it installed and if that's not bad enough it will also change my plan to a new 2 yr plan...what a racket!!!!!! I love my Direct Tv but I hate the control they have over you. I'm networked with most of my tvs but I would of ordered the equipment so all 8 of my tvs would work. They have you by the.......

If you do not need to get a new receiver for this there is no extension on your 2 year commitment. I had mine installed and my commitment date did not change.

I also had the install fee waived.

If you do not need to get a new receiver for this there is no extension on your 2 year commitment. I had mine installed and my commitment date did not change.

I also had the install fee waived.
so there is something they could do. I don't need a new receiver and if I get them to wave the install fee it would only be 100.00? and no extension in contract?

Since your DVRs are already networked, just call DirecTV and have them enable MRV in the unsupported local network mode. It will still cost $3/month.

(bold emphasis mine)

The Protection Plan is essentially insurance on existing equipment and installation, and has nothing to do with upgrades.

Try calling your car insurance company and demanding that they pay for a new stereo and installation. Try telling them that since you have insurance on your car that they should pay for upgrades also. They will laugh you off the phone pretty quickly.

That's what I thought--but then I thought I would buy the equipment and install myself (already having a hr22 and 2 h-23 living in a mpeg 4 market all I would need is a DECA). I was wrong... I need a DECA at every IRD and the power inserter-purchased seperterly would cost more than just paying D* to do it.

Since your DVRs are already networked, just call DirecTV and have them enable MRV in the unsupported local network mode. It will still cost $3/month.
Thats what I have an issue with...I can understand an upront fee, but 3 bucks a month is highway robbery...pure profit...I already give them 165 bucks a month & I already have my receivers networked for MRV.....I am happy with my DTV but the 3 bucks a month for the rest of my life leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
:mad:Worst of all, I am prolly gonna crack & end up calling them & having it enabled....:rant:

(bold emphasis mine)

The Protection Plan is essentially insurance on existing equipment and installation, and has nothing to do with upgrades.

Try calling your car insurance company and demanding that they pay for a new stereo and installation. Try telling them that since you have insurance on your car that they should pay for upgrades also. They will laugh you off the phone pretty quickly.

I laughed pretty quickly at your dumb comparison.

DIRECTV provides TV service, When you call them with a problem you are having they can provide technicians in your area to do maintenance, they also have a protection plan that covers maintenance costs.

Car insurance companies don't fix cars. No one ever calls their car insurance company and says - My check engine light is on, what should I do ? Car insurance isn't for car maintence work.

If you have good payment history and have been with them a while, you can do better.
I got the MRV upgrade including a new SWM lnb and switch and HR24 for N/C. I also got a programming credit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts