MRV Speed Concerns

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I MUCH prefer having and controlling my own network and how things are setup on it. I prefer the "non-supported" MRV. You have no programming playback issues from what I am reading so what you are talking about is not worth any kind of change IMHO. Why change what aint broke and risk actually breaking it?

So, for the past few days I've been seriously thinking of doing MRV. My main DVR is an HR21 with the secondary being an HR23. All of our Primetime recordings are on the HR23, while the HR21 is used for the miscellaneous stuff that is easily accessible for my wife. The HR23 is setup for an r.f. remote to eliminate any conflict between the two. Needless to say, watching programs recorded on the HR23 has me juggling 2 remotes. MRV would be ideal, but now this thread has me a little concerned about it.

Is it that there is some lag when accessing something through an HR21 or when an HR21 is accessed through something else.

My network has a Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router at its heart (CAT5e cable), with my DVRs (and Bluray Disc Player and HD DVD Player) connected to an Allied Telesis 10/100 switch.

egnlsn said:
So, for the past few days I've been seriously thinking of doing MRV. My main DVR is an HR21 with the secondary being an HR23. All of our Primetime recordings are on the HR23, while the HR21 is used for the miscellaneous stuff that is easily accessible for my wife. The HR23 is setup for an r.f. remote to eliminate any conflict between the two. Needless to say, watching programs recorded on the HR23 has me juggling 2 remotes. MRV would be ideal, but now this thread has me a little concerned about it.

Is it that there is some lag when accessing something through an HR21 or when an HR21 is accessed through something else.

My network has a Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router at its heart (CAT5e cable), with my DVRs (and Bluray Disc Player and HD DVD Player) connected to an Allied Telesis 10/100 switch.

You'll be fine with MRV. There is nothing to worry about. I say go for it. You'll love it. I keep one HR21 set up my wifes recordings and the other has my recordings.

charper1 said:
I MUCH prefer having and controlling my own network and how things are setup on it. I prefer the "non-supported" MRV. You have no programming playback issues from what I am reading so what you are talking about is not worth any kind of change IMHO. Why change what aint broke and risk actually breaking it?

Thanks for the help. I'm gonna leave my setup just as it is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)