MRV Works - Kind Of

olc

Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
I have two HR22s that are connected to the internet via D-Link wireless N bridges. VOD works fine on both and if you let a download have a small head start, you can view a VOD program in real time.

With the new 0x395 firmware, MRV is an option so I set it up and all went well. The Lists on both receivers include programming on the other, and selecting a program to Play looks like it wants to works.

And it kind of does, but the transmission is choppy, or stutters. The Router and the connections through the bridges are all wireless N at 2.4GHz. The bridges support 5GHz but the router does not. Would it be worth upgrading the router to dual band and running the DirecTV connections at 5GHz?

I know DirecTV has their own DECA method coming but it's going to be quite a while before is can be rolled out to everyone, especially those of use without SWM. Of course, I want MRV now.

I have very few issues with MRV, but I have a wired setup. 2.4ghz should be OK, but perhaps you are getting some interference.

Sounds like you're getting some interference or a low link speed.

5GHz might solve the problem. Might not. This is a problem with wireless and powerline. Both are quite capable of the sort of throughput needed for MRV but consistency/quality of service on either may cause problems with MRV.

Its one thing for a store and view system like VOD. Its something altogether different for real time high bandwidth video being viewed live.

just got my 2 DVR's working today. . It's a little choppy but not bad. My problem is that the remote doesn't work as well. The rewind and fast forward is not as responsive as before. Is there a way of knowing which shows are recorded on which DVR? It's a great feature but still needs to have bugs worked out. Mine is networked through network cables to a switch and then a router.

just got my 2 DVR's working today. . It's a little choppy but not bad. My problem is that the remote doesn't work as well. The rewind and fast forward is not as responsive as before. Is there a way of knowing which shows are recorded on which DVR? It's a great feature but still needs to have bugs worked out. Mine is networked through network cables to a switch and then a router.

When you highlight the program look at the info at the top, the first word will be the name of the DVR it was recorded on. If there is no name then it was recorded on the DVR you are using.

You have to name each STB in the network. This can be done at anytime in the set up menu. For instance mine are named Living room and Bedroom1.

When you pull up your list and hit the select button on a particular show. The first line of info will show which box recorded it in [brackets]

Also don't forget to set up whether you can delete a show from any DVR on the network or just the DVR that recorded it.

You have to name each STB in the network. This can be done at anytime in the set up menu. For instance mine are named Living room and Bedroom1.

When you pull up your list and hit the select button on a particular show. The first line of info will show which box recorded it in [brackets]

Also don't forget to set up whether you can delete a show from any DVR on the network or just the DVR that recorded it.
Not the case....I named my one receiver MASTERBED, and the other one FAMILYROOM. and neither title shows up. Th eother sugestion makes sense with the numbers. Thanks

I'm still waiting for directv to get some box reports from systems labeled "METH LAB" or "MASSAGE ROOM #2".

Not the case....I named my one receiver MASTERBED, and the other one FAMILYROOM. and neither title shows up. Th eother sugestion makes sense with the numbers. Thanks

Are you sure you are looking in the right place? Mine are name one, two, three, four and are always there unless one of them drops it's sharing which a reset will fix. As long as they all show up at my main location, I don't bother.

If I'm watching in the family room and I watch a show that was recorded on the other DVR I do notice it shows the number of the receiver. Which is fine, as long as I know which receiver it's being shown from

My complaint is that out of 8 receivers in my house I can only use this feature on the 2 DVR's. My 6 H23's are not updated yet. No idea as to when it will be either.

You missed it this week, but I think MRV is in the current H23 Cutting Edge release. Check the release notes next week and download it on friday or saturday night if its in there. I dont have any H-series receivers, just dvrs so I'm not sure.

I'm not setup to download the updates. I have to wait until they show up on my receivers.

I'm not setup to download the updates. I have to wait until they show up on my receivers.

What do you mean' not setup'? All you need to do is have someone reboot the receivers on Friday or Saturday night between 11PM and 2AM EST doing a forced download to get the code.

What do you mean' not setup'? All you need to do is have someone reboot the receivers on Friday or Saturday night between 11PM and 2AM EST doing a forced download to get the code.

Thank you. I've been trying to find out for a month now and no one would tell me that. Is that every Friday or Saturday?

So the 6 H23 receivers that I have if I reboot each of those receivers during that period I will get the update?

Thank you very much for speaking plain english...lol

Thank you. I've been trying to find out for a month now and no one would tell me that. Is that every Friday or Saturday?

So the 6 H23 receivers that I have if I reboot each of those receivers during that period I will get the update?

Thank you very much for speaking plain english...lol

The CE window is usually both Friday and Saturday.

You should read the thread at http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...ogram-terms-faq-how-hidden-features-more.html about the CE process. Remember if you're doing this is shouldn't be to just get new features early but to test things out and report problems/issues with the code so that DirecTV can try to address them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)