MSG gone too from DISH

Yep thats All I could find, Looks like our Local Blue Ridge Cable only has SNY,Comcast Philly,and YES in HD

Maybe it is due to Bandwidth?

Time Warner has spent a fortune updating the Western New York Systems they picked up from the Adelphia Fiasco. Prior to Time Warner, Adelphia was lucky to have 10 HD channels and their service sucked, even though they had a monopoly on high speed internet, where dsl is unavailable in my area.

I will give Time Warner credit though, I said hell could freeze over before I went back to cable after having Adelphia, but thanks to Dishnetwork refusal to add certain channels, I gave Time Warner a chance. Time Warner has been very responsive to issues and needs that I have had, and when it comes to VOD Directv and Dish are no match for Time Warner.

IslandGuy43,

But how is the TW DVR? I thought about going to TW and using TiVo boxes but I'd need 2 of the new TiVos and with LifeTime service I'd be shelling out about $1,000 just for TiVo boxes and service.

And even at that I'm hearing it can be difficult to get the TiVo working reliably with the switched digital that TW is using.

IslandGuy43,

But how is the TW DVR? I thought about going to TW and using TiVo boxes but I'd need 2 of the new TiVos and with LifeTime service I'd be shelling out about $1,000 just for TiVo boxes and service.

And even at that I'm hearing it can be difficult to get the TiVo working reliably with the switched digital that TW is using.

To be honest, we all got spoiled with Dish DVRS. No the TW DVR are at best "ok" compared to Dish. But in reality it is programing that which makes you switch not equipment, and getting the Sabres on my Sammy at 1080i is quite remarkable compared to the over compressed SD version on MSG from Dish. I ddn't buy a tivo, however I didn't commit to a contract either, so I am free to move over to Directv at any time, or whom knows, go back to Dish some day when they didn't to get their head out of the grass.

Still no movement in the Dish vs. MSG dispute. Dish has never settled with the YES network (Yankees) and this dispute is starting to look the same. I would not be surprised if Dish just walked away from MSG.

Still no movement in the Dish vs. MSG dispute. Dish has never settled with the YES network (Yankees) and this dispute is starting to look the same. I would not be surprised if Dish just walked away from MSG.

I am hoping it has the opposite affect, and gets Dish to get an agreement with not only MSG but also YES too, but I won't hold my breathe in anticipation.

Satellite Solutions of WNY (Directv Retailer) is playing the dispute up to the hilt and I am sure they are grabbing many dish subs especially since they can only get MSG now on TW, FIOS or Directv.

I am hoping it has the opposite affect, and gets Dish to get an agreement with not only MSG but also YES too, but I won't hold my breathe in anticipation.

Satellite Solutions of WNY (Directv Retailer) is playing the dispute up to the hilt and I am sure they are grabbing many dish subs especially since they can only get MSG now on TW, FIOS or Directv.

I hope you are right. My contract with Dish expires in February so if this is still going on I will probably jump to Direct or Fios. I am also a subscriber to NHL Center Ice and Dish has this service all screwed up too! The dispute with Fox sports networks has resulted in very few games being shown in HD. Dish is lucky that hockey is a fringe sport or they would really be having problems right now.

My contract with Dish expires in February so if this is still going on I will probably jump to Direct or Fios. I am also a subscriber to NHL Center Ice and Dish has this service all screwed up too! The dispute with Fox sports networks has resulted in very few games being shown in HD.
Note that FiOS gets their Center Ice feeds through InDemand, which means you only have 1 HD channel that is shared between Center Ice and NBA League Pass.

When it comes to HD games for Center Ice, the ranking is DirecTV, followed by Dish, then FiOS/Cable is a distant 3rd.

Note that FiOS gets their Center Ice feeds through InDemand, which means you only have 1 HD channel that is shared between Center Ice and NBA League Pass.

When it comes to HD games for Center Ice, the ranking is DirecTV, followed by Dish, then FiOS/Cable is a distant 3rd.

Thanks! This info will definately help me in picking a new carrier if I decide to leave Dish. I would only chose Fios for the savings they offer through bundling of their services.

I have Cablevision with the $29 each for internet,phone & Cable TV. Rangers games are Blacked out in my Town Torrington,CT. Cablevision owns the Rangers they and they are not Blacked out.

Today I went to Cablevision, picked up a 8300HD DVR for $10 a month for the receiver and $10 for DVR service. This works out to 8 months times $20 for a very poor DVR but is my only option to see NY Rangers.

I also checked out Center Ice and I could not ANY HD games. I checked the SD games they had the worst picture I have seen, worse than other cable channels.

Can anyone confirm that Cablevision has no HD Center Ice games?

Still very disappointed that MSG is not back on DISH. I've missed 3 Sabres games so far and it looks like there is no end in sight. In Buffalo, the ads are running every other day trumpeting how MSG isn't on DISH and trying to get people to switch.

This is really starting to suck. And I just upgraded my equipment via Dish 'N It Up and went HD when my 625 died, so I'm not about to toss $350 out the door to switch to DirecTv or go back to Time Warner.

So to the DISH and MSG people.....if you're reading this......please stop this nonsense and get a deal done. Just make it fair for us, the customer.....you remember us, right???? :(

Actually, IIRC, FIOS offers TWO (whoohoo) CI HD channels, and they are shared with MLB EI. NBA LP shares with MLS DK (like all those fancy initials? :)).

And please don't forget about us eastern arc folks in rural areas that don't have cable, fios, dsl broadband OR direct tv (no los) as options for service.....make a deal that's fair to everyone. Some of us have no options but E*!

Still very disappointed that MSG is not back on DISH. I've missed 3 Sabres games so far and it looks like there is no end in sight. In Buffalo, the ads are running every other day trumpeting how MSG isn't on DISH and trying to get people to switch.

This is really starting to suck. And I just upgraded my equipment via Dish 'N It Up and went HD when my 625 died, so I'm not about to toss $350 out the door to switch to DirecTv or go back to Time Warner.

So to the DISH and MSG people.....if you're reading this......please stop this nonsense and get a deal done. Just make it fair for us, the customer.....you remember us, right???? :(

Wont it be ironic if come Friday, FOX is pulled off of Cablevision:D

Fox channels could disappear from Cablevision Friday | recordonline.com

MSG Dispute

I know there is a Thread about FOX running but what about MSG? I Lost FX and MSG here in my region. I'm upset over the fact that my local NHL hockey team has their games on MSG here in the Buffalo area. There was a article in the local paper about the dispute between MSG and Dish and that it didn't look good between them. Anyone have any kind of insite as to where they really are and coming to a head and getting this resolved? I need a local Hockey fix bad! Don't make me have to switch to DirecTV!:rant:

I know there is a Thread about FOX running but what about MSG? I Lost FX and MSG here in my region. I'm upset over the fact that my local NHL hockey team has their games on MSG here in the Buffalo area. There was a article in the local paper about the dispute between MSG and Dish and that it didn't look good between them. Anyone have any kind of insite as to where they really are and coming to a head and getting this resolved? I need a local Hockey fix bad! Don't make me have to switch to DirecTV!:rant:

Join the club.

I'm sure every dish customer in WNY would enjoy watching the Sabres. The choice is wait it out, or leave.

I'm not under any contract right now, so I will be sticking it out, for now. Talk to me if this drags on into November though....................

tcpuccio,

I live in Rochester, and I watch every game, or I did until the beginning of this season. I've had Dish since 1997. I was bent when Dish Pulled the VOOM Channels, before that Speedvision, The Viacom channels, then SmithsonianHD, FX, Nat Geo, then RSN's ETC....

To me it looks like MSG is not going to be coming back to Dish for weeks or months. I looked into DirecTV, and decided to jump.

I still have Dish and now DirecTV. I'm not a huge fan of the DirecTV DVR, and the several missing HD channels that Dish has. I can say I really like the MRV feature, and the NO FEE External Hard Drive feature. Best of all I get the Buffalo Sabres Games and in HD, instead of the awful overly compressed SD feed on some random Alternate Sports channel.

If you are a Hockey Fan, DirecTV is vastly better as DirecTV has larger Local Regional coverage areas, this means as a DirecTV sub (in Western NY) you get access to Sabres, Islanders, Devils, and Rangers games instead of just Rangers, and Sabres games on Dish. If you get Center Ice every RSN Center Ice feed is HD, except for some of the Canadian games when both teams in a game are Canadian.

Currently in Western NY the deal is totally free equipment with Free installation, $29 bucks off your programing package for 12 months, $14 bucks for the next 12 months, and if you get a friend to refer you another $10 off per month for you and your friend, Free Starz and Showtime for 3 months, and 3 Months free of the extra HD pack (Smithsonian, Palladia, Discovery CI, MGM, Hallmark Movie HD, HDnet Movies, and Universal HD).

Good Luck with whatever you decide,
John

If you are a Hockey Fan, DirecTV is vastly better as DirecTV has larger Local Regional coverage areas, this means as a DirecTV sub (in Western NY) you get access to Sabres, Islanders, Devils, and Rangers games instead of just Rangers, and Sabres games on Dish. If you get Center Ice every RSN Center Ice feed is HD, except for some of the Canadian games when both teams in a game are Canadian.

I don't understand how they can do it and dish couldn't but I'm pleased to have Sabres games in the NYC area.

tcpuccio,

I live in Rochester, and I watch every game, or I did until the beginning of this season. I've had Dish since 1997. I was bent when Dish Pulled the VOOM Channels, before that Speedvision, The Viacom channels, then SmithsonianHD, FX, Nat Geo, then RSN's ETC....

To me it looks like MSG is not going to be coming back to Dish for weeks or months. I looked into DirecTV, and decided to jump.

I still have Dish and now DirecTV. I'm not a huge fan of the DirecTV DVR, and the several missing HD channels that Dish has. I can say I really like the MRV feature, and the NO FEE External Hard Drive feature. Best of all I get the Buffalo Sabres Games and in HD, instead of the awful overly compressed SD feed on some random Alternate Sports channel.

Currently in Western NY the deal is totally free equipment with Free installation, $29 bucks off your programing package for 12 months, $14 bucks for the next 12 months, and if you get a friend to refer you another $10 off per month for you and your friend, Free Starz and Showtime for 3 months, and 3 Months free of the extra HD pack (Smithsonian, Palladia, Discovery CI, MGM, Hallmark Movie HD, HDnet Movies, and Universal HD).

Good Luck with whatever you decide,
John
Does Direct TV give Rochester area customers access to all of the Sabres,Islanders,Rangers and Devils or is it just during this free two week period of free Center Ice? I thought Rochester was in the Sabres territory and only the Sabres were shown here? I also heard that the Sabres are shown in all of upstate NY but not in the NYC area. Also the Rangers, Islanders and Devils could be shown in upstate NY outside of the Buffalo and Rochester area but only a certain number of times each season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts