MSG gone too from DISH

Does Direct TV give Rochester area customers access to all of the Sabres,Islanders,Rangers and Devils or is it just during this free two week period of free Center Ice? I thought Rochester was in the Sabres territory and only the Sabres were shown here? I also heard that the Sabres are shown in all of upstate NY but not in the NYC area. Also the Rangers, Islanders and Devils could be shown in upstate NY outside of the Buffalo and Rochester area but only a certain number of times each season.

BLTs,

No, DirecTV pays the local rights fees for all games on MSG, MSG+, SNY, and YES, so if any of those channels have a PRO sports game on it is available for all NY state subscribers. This means any DirecTV sub in the Rochester, and Buffalo regions will get all Rangers, Sabres, Islanders, and Devils games.

John

You will not get the rangers, devils, islanders, while a Sabres Game is on though. The sabres have exclusive rights while they are playing. Furthermore, if you have the nhlci package, you will only be able to watch the Sabres on the Buffalo feed, no matter whom they are playing. If Buffalo is playing Toronto on a saturday night and the game is on HNIC on the nhl.net the nhl.net will be black out for buffalo sabres viewers.

Now for Dish people whom are locked out of MSG right now, you might want to try a website called atdhe.net, you might get the game online there.

Good luck. Tonight is the 40th Anniversary Game against Montreal with Floyd Smith and Henri Richard to do the ceremonial faceoff, original AUD P.A. Announcer and the Knox Family Members in attendance. It should be a great game just to see the old faces in the crowd etc.

SABRES CELEBRATE 4OTH ANNIVERSARY FRIDAY VS. MONTREAL - Buffalo Sabres - News

Got permission from Scott to post this.
Since we can't get MSG right now, there is a p2p site with links to on line viewing of hockey and other sports.
NHL + Icehockey

Just go to the thread for that days games and follow the links,

If te link starts withst:/ you will need a program called Stream Torrent. There is a link for that on the rules page.

You will not get the rangers, devils, islanders, while a Sabres Game is on though. The sabres have exclusive rights while they are playing. Furthermore, if you have the nhlci package, you will only be able to watch the Sabres on the Buffalo feed, no matter whom they are playing. If Buffalo is playing Toronto on a saturday night and the game is on HNIC on the nhl.net the nhl.net will be black out for buffalo sabres viewers.

Now for Dish people whom are locked out of MSG right now, you might want to try a website called atdhe.net, you might get the game online there.

Good luck. Tonight is the 40th Anniversary Game against Montreal with Floyd Smith and Henri Richard to do the ceremonial faceoff, original AUD P.A. Announcer and the Knox Family Members in attendance. It should be a great game just to see the old faces in the crowd etc.

SABRES CELEBRATE 4OTH ANNIVERSARY FRIDAY VS. MONTREAL - Buffalo Sabres - News
What you are saying is if I want to watch the Islanders all of the time I should sign up for Center Ice because they would be blacked out when they are playing at the same time as the Sabres? Is the same thing true in NYC when either the Rangers, Islanders or Devils are on that the Sabres would be blacked out in the NYC area? I am new to Direct (was with Dish for 12 years) and I was trying to figure out how I could get both the Islanders and the Sabres.

Now that Cablevision is having its own program problems with FOX. I would not hold my breath waiting for them to settle the MSG vs DISH dispute. At this point Cablevision does not know what FOX will ultimately cost them so I would expect that matter to be resolved before the MSG/DISH matter is resolved. :(

What you are saying is if I want to watch the Islanders all of the time I should sign up for Center Ice because they would be blacked out when they are playing at the same time as the Sabres? Is the same thing true in NYC when either the Rangers, Islanders or Devils are on that the Sabres would be blacked out in the NYC area? I am new to Direct (was with Dish for 12 years) and I was trying to figure out how I could get both the Islanders and the Sabres.

Blts,

I have DirecTV now (Still have a basic Dish programing pack because of all my archived stuff on my external Hard Drive). I live in Rochester NY. I get all of the MSG games on DirecTV, regardless whom is playing and when. If the the Sabres are playing and being aired on MSG +, and there is one or two other games on MSG networks, NONE of those games are blacked out.

John

Do you sub to NHLCI? You may just be getting them now because of the NHLCI free preview which ends this weekend. I will get the other games(islanders, rangers, devils) on nhlci channels when the sabres are playing but not on the normal msg channel. Since I always sub to nhlci, I can't really tell for sure.

Blts,

I have DirecTV now (Still have a basic Dish programing pack because of all my archived stuff on my external Hard Drive). I live in Rochester NY. I get all of the MSG games on DirecTV, regardless whom is playing and when. If the the Sabres are playing and being aired on MSG +, and there is one or two other games on MSG networks, NONE of those games are blacked out.

John

i''m planning on doing the exact same thing -keep dish after i switch to still have access to archived shows. i need MSG HD!

couple questions - what package on dish did you go to? i have a 722 and EHD and a 211 EHD =- do you know if i terminate the 211 would i still be able to access that ehd? i would still have dish service just not to that receiver? thanks for any advice you can lend!
ed

i''m planning on doing the exact same thing -keep dish after i switch to still have access to archived shows. i need MSG HD!

My E* receivers are no longer connected. I can still watch the stuff on the DVR. Most of it my wife's. I connect an E* DVR and she watches the DVR'ed programs and deletes them. Once they're all cleaned up, I'll send those DVRs back to E*. I have not terminated E* yet, because I want to wait until the wife gets caught up with her DVR'ed stuff. I figure it will take them a couple days to send boxes for the return, so once she's only got a few shows to watch, I'll terminate and tell her to hurry up. :)

But you can definitely watch DVR'ed programs without even having the unit connected to a Dish or phone line or anything.

thanks- that's great to know - i thought you needed to be connected to watch the dvr recordings. what boxes do you have?

thanks- that's great to know - i thought you needed to be connected to watch the dvr recordings.
You can watch recordings off the main DVR without being connected, but I believe it needs active signal from the sat to be able to view content off the external drive.

Ok Charlie, pack your bags and head on over to an arbitration hearing.

It seems that Cablevision fighting with Fox may have helped us out here. CV wants arbitration with Fox, so it would look bad if they were not willing to do the same for Dish. Now maybe Fox will go along with arbitration for CV and Dish.

Well, figure it this way.

If I know that my position is weak I'd opt for binding arbitration. Aside from the fact that there is no reason to assume an arbitrator is particularly knowledgeable on the issues or fair, much less will render the "right" decision (whatever that is), I can be almost certain that the arbitrator will try to rule "in the middle", which of course benefits me. So saying "I'm willing to put this to binding arbitration", rather than tell me who thinks they're in the right, tells me who thinks they're in the wrong. A party with a strong position expects to win without arbitration.

We'll see what Charlie says.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)