MSG gone too from DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
chuckster...... dude..... after watching the games in HD there's no way I'd go back to SD. :) Although I hear what you're saying. Before I switched I would have accepted the return of MSG SD just so I could watch the Sabres.

E* may just want to throw the towel altogether and not renew SNY as well.

Exactly. Why should Dish even bother with ANY sports channels? Anywhere! Get rid of all RSN's. Dish doesn't seem to want them anyway! Get rid of ESPN! All of them! If you want sports, go somewhere else. Dish is NOT for you!

Without any sports channels, I wonder what the bill would look like?

Of course I am kinda joking. Or am I? I am in the NYC DMA and can I recommend Dish to anyone since YES is not carried? MSG and MSG+ not in HD? Now not at all. Nobody I know wants to hear about Dish. Everyone I know locally thinks Dish is crazy. Except Mets ONLY fans and there are not too many of them these days.

E* may just want to throw the towel altogether and not renew SNY as well.

As a hockey fan I am unable to watch the Rangers, Devils and Islanders. The only local team currently on Dish is the NY Mets. Anyone know when the contract with SNY expires? Hopefully my contract will be up and I will be gone by then.

Another day and no deal with MSG. What's going on here? I thought that the deal with Fox RSN's would have helped to kick this one along.

Seeing as this hits a wider geographic area than most RSNs do (all of New York State plus NJ and Connecticut) one would think there is alot at stake for both parties to get a deal done.

Can anyone shed any inside information on why this hasn't happened? I read talk of binding arbitration.....any word on that??

if I was in your situation, and unable to get out of a contract; I would find a friend whom lives out of state, and have them sub to nhlci online, so I could at least log in and watch the sabres game with the home team feed, rather that have lousy sd versions return. No one wants to watch a sd hockey game after you seen it in hd.

As a hockey fan I am unable to watch the Rangers, Devils and Islanders. The only local team currently on Dish is the NY Mets. Anyone know when the contract with SNY expires? Hopefully my contract will be up and I will be gone by then.

Don't quote me on this as I don't remember where I read it. Currently E* has no contract with most of Comcast RSNs, but unlike Fox, Comcast didn't pull the plug.
Currently E* is in arbitration with CSNCA. Also E* can only take one CSN to arbitration at a time. The SNY contract expires in March.

Last edited:
Well now that Madison Square Garden itself is falling down. They had to cancel the Knick game the other night because of asbestos falling from the ceiling. The dispute with Dish is probably not on the top of Cablevision's list. Too bad for Cablevision:rolleyes:

if I was in your situation, and unable to get out of a contract
Nobody is really stuck in a Pay TV contract -- you just have some level of cost to end the contract. In this marketplace, some companies are willing to cover your early termination fees to switch, so if you really want out be sure to ask.

I would find a friend whom lives out of state, and have them sub to nhlci online, so I could at least log in and watch the sabres game with the home team feed, rather that have lousy sd versions return.
This will not work, at least not the way you describe it. GameCenter Live does blackouts according to GeoIP location of the IP address you are using, not the address of the account when you sign up. The NHL needs to identify your IP as being out of the local market before you're permitted to access the games on GCL.

Nobody is really stuck in a Pay TV contract -- you just have some level of cost to end the contract. In this marketplace, some companies are willing to cover your early termination fees to switch, so if you really want out be sure to ask.

This will not work, at least not the way you describe it. GameCenter Live does blackouts according to GeoIP location of the IP address you are using, not the address of the account when you sign up. The NHL needs to identify your IP as being out of the local market before you're permitted to access the games on GCL.

Well, with the way the Sabres are playing now, Cablevision and Dish are doing them a favor by not letting them see the games:mad:

Has there been any update to the dispute?

I've called dish and get the canned, "we are working hard to keep the cost of programming down............................"

It is almost to the point that I am done with dish and ready to make the switch to directv. I have been with dish since 1998, but I have only been able to watch a single Sabres game that was on Versus. I'm paying for it, I should be able to watch it.

Any news at all??

Has there been any update to the dispute?

I've called dish and get the canned, "we are working hard to keep the cost of programming down............................"

It is almost to the point that I am done with dish and ready to make the switch to directv. I have been with dish since 1998, but I have only been able to watch a single Sabres game that was on Versus. I'm paying for it, I should be able to watch it.

Any news at all??

Same question from me. This has been going on way too long. If my 625 hadn't died and I didn't Dish It Up (upgrade the equipment with 2 year commitment), I would probably be gone too.

There was talk about the 2 companies going to binding arbitration but that hasn't seemed to have happened.

Maybe DISH is waiting until the end of November sweeps to see if MSG will cave.

Perhaps, but it just seems there is no end in sight. I just want to know one way or the other when this may be settled. Dish only gives canned answers and provide nothing in the way of updates. Dish has given me $5 for six months, when I only want the channel. I told dish that directv has MSG in HD and was told, "you know you will be paying more per month, don't you"?".

Just get it done. I told my wife if this isn't settled by weeks end, we are going to directv. I'll make the call to switch on Monday, November 16, if this isn't resolved.

Last edited:
If YES is any indication Dish will never cave. Unless MSG comes up with more leverage (like FOX and 30 markets worth of affliates) I do not see Dish ever compromising.

Same question from me. This has been going on way too long. If my 625 hadn't died and I didn't Dish It Up (upgrade the equipment with 2 year commitment), I would probably be gone too.

There was talk about the 2 companies going to binding arbitration but that hasn't seemed to have happened.

Maybe DISH is waiting until the end of November sweeps to see if MSG will cave.

Ya rite, and they are just waiting for the New Jersey Nets move to Brooklyn before they add YES. Dish could care less about the subs in NY State. Now if this was happening in Colorado, I am sure a deal would have been made a long time ago. Sadly as much as people love their equipment you basically have two choices in NY, Time Warner or Directv. FIOS footprint upstate is insignificant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)