MSG gone too from DISH

Yeah, my son just told me about this a few minutes ago. I was looking at switching to D* and this might push that decision over the edge. I really don't want to switch, but if this doesn't get resolved in a big hurry, I may have to. I had another thread going about whole house DVR and the way it works out I'd actually lose DVR cababilities in terms of how many things I can record simultaneously, but I may have to figure out a way to pull it off anyways.

*sigh*

This affects people all over New York State since MSG also carries the Rangers and Knicks games. So it's not just the Buffalo market, it's also New York City, New Jersey and Connecticut.

I think it gets resolved by Oct. 8 since MSG would lose alot of exposure on DISH and DISH would lose ALOT of customers in a highly populated area.

They better get this one resolved. This could be the straw that breaks my back. The Sabres games will be available in HD from MSG this season, all but one game. The smart money is on dish NOT getting an agreement for the HD feed. Hockey is SD looks like TV from the 1950's.

If they don't resolve this, I am gone. I have been with dish since 1998, may be time to move on.................

No More MSG on DISH

Hi MSG fans,

We share your frustration about DISH dropping MSG and MSG+.

Despite MSG’s ongoing attempts to engage DISH in good faith negotiations, DISH repeatedly rejected fair and reasonable proposals. We call on DISH to come back to the negotiating table and reconsider our proposals, which are consistent with our deals with other operators that carry MSG & MSG +.

In the meantime, we urge DISH customers to check out IWantMSG.com or call 877-616-4MSG to find other TV providers that carry MSG & MSG+.

Thanks,
Frank MSG

I can vouch for many people that WILL be dropping Dish in time to get TWC or DirecTV installed before next Friday's season opener for the Sabres.

Hi MSG fans,

Despite MSG’s ongoing attempts to engage DISH in good faith negotiations, DISH repeatedly rejected fair and reasonable proposals. We call on DISH to come back to the negotiating table and reconsider our proposals, which are consistent with our deals with other operators that carry MSG & MSG +.

In the meantime, we urge DISH customers to check out IWantMSG.com or call 877-616-4MSG to find other TV providers that carry MSG & MSG+.

Thanks,
Frank MSG

Post the last proposal and let us decide if it's fair and reasonable. And post your deals with other operators so we can see how similar they are. I bet they aren't. ;)

Until then, it's all one big he said/she said situation......

No Rangers, Islanders or Devils on Dish with the season starting next week!:mad: My contract is up in February so it could be time to go to FIOS. I would never go to Cablevision as they own the MSG network and I can't stand Dolan :rant:

FIOS doesn't carry MSG HD because MSG won't sell it to them......and for those of you considering switching, what makes you think the same thing won't happen to D* or your cable carrier when their carriage contracts come up for renewal?

They better get this one resolved. This could be the straw that breaks my back. The Sabres games will be available in HD from MSG this season, all but one game. The smart money is on dish NOT getting an agreement for the HD feed. Hockey is SD looks like TV from the 1950's.

If they don't resolve this, I am gone. I have been with dish since 1998, may be time to move on.................
I was told by Dish this summer that it was highly unlikely that they would have MSG in HD in time for the start of hockey and basketball. In addition to getting a contract for HD from MSG, Dish doesn't have enough bandwidth to do all of the games in HD yet. It will be at least next summer before they might have enough bandwidth. I was with Dish for over 12 years but I had to make the switch to Direct this past summer so I could have my RSN's in HD fulltime. I'm especially glad now since Dish no longer carries MSG as well as the other Fox RSN's.

Hi MSG fans,

Despite MSG?s ongoing attempts to engage DISH in good faith negotiations, DISH repeatedly rejected fair and reasonable proposals. We call on DISH to come back to the negotiating table and reconsider our proposals, which are consistent with our deals with other operators that carry MSG & MSG +.

Thanks,
Frank MSG

E dosen't want to except the deal because MSG wants E to add Fuse back as part of a new deal, And E dosen't want to add it back because they think they have enough variety in music channels.

Post the last proposal and let us decide if it's fair and reasonable. And post your deals with other operators so we can see how similar they are. I bet they aren't. ;)

Until then, it's all one big he said/she said situation......

:up
I agree. Since it seems Frank MSG looks like the official here from MSG, he should be able to provide to us information like this. Add what the old deal was plus what MSG wants to give us for the HD feed.

To make MSG even more attractive, I always thought other shows that take place in Madison Square Garden should air on these channels like concerts. Why not? These so called sports channels show lots of informercials besides sports.

I praise Dish Network for doing their best to keep costs down even though it may get annoying at times. Most people are not doing better than about a 3% increase in pay every year. If any television broadcaster or provider is looking for any more than that, it's not fair regardless of what anyone says.

If Frank decides to say something like he cannot say anything about the details of the negotiations or decides to say nothing at all more now then that would say it all.

:up
I agree. Since it seems Frank MSG looks like the official here from MSG, he should be able to provide to us information like this. Add what the old deal was plus what MSG wants to give us for the HD feed.

My question i how do we know that Frank works for MSG? I think that the post was h 1sst one he has made on the forum. Other than his word, what do we know about him. I agree, if he really is with MSG he needs to post more info on what's going on.

So glad I moved to Direct in July. The addition of hockey in HD was a secondary benefit since I was having billing disagreements that made me do the move to begin with.

Now I'm just giddy about Dish not giving me a free 61.5 repoint because I told them I'd do another 2-year contract. That would have cost me over $200 because I would have paid to get out of it with this news.

Dish should add FUSE, it already has so many music channels that I don't listen to, so what's one more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts