Please reply by conversation.

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Ok,

I know im beating a dead horse on this.

But tonight is the season openner for the Rangers.

Yes, Im sure I can catch the HD feed from Pittsburgh.
However, I enjoy the MSG comentators..

Thats what I grew up with...

I bit the bullet and paid full price for the CI package.
Not one of the lucky ones to get a deal.

Keep giving Direc my money and getting bad customer service in return..
I really hope direc tv gets fixed quickly...

All i really want is MSG HD...

Id really be dissapointed if its blocked

Word is on the other MSG threads that we won't get the MSG HD feeds this season on CI. Bummer for me as well. Although I'm from Dallas, I "grew up" learning the NHL from the same NY broadcasts on the old C-Band Sportschannel feeds and MSG.

I was semi-sucessful and got a deal on CI but I didn't get the free CI deal. I decided to take the 1st CSR's offer this time with CI since I had recently received a great deal with ST/SF.

Word is on the other MSG threads that we won't get the MSG HD feeds this season on CI. Bummer for me as well. Although I'm from Dallas, I "grew up" learning the NHL from the same NY broadcasts on the old C-Band Sportschannel feeds and MSG.

I was semi-sucessful and got a deal on CI but I didn't get the free CI deal. I decided to take the 1st CSR's offer this time with CI since I had recently received a great deal with ST/SF.

That stinks!! All i want is MSG HD ..Oh well... I wonder what the hold up is??

Im sure it has to do with the almighty dollar..

I wonder if its Cablevision? The dolans are tough charactors to deal with.

I guess there is another work around on this.

We can always catch the rebroadcast of it latter that evening in HD..
But im sure, you, like me, want to watch it live...

That stinks!! All i want is MSG HD ..Oh well... I wonder what the hold up is??

Im sure it has to do with the almighty dollar..

I wonder if its Cablevision? The dolans are tough charactors to deal with.

I guess there is another work around on this.

We can always catch the rebroadcast of it latter that evening in HD..
But im sure, you, like me, want to watch it live...

That it does (smell :mad:) The way I understand the issue, it is a "Dolan" Cablevision issue that started with a dispute between them and the NHL about how the MSG web site (or something like that) was being run or setup, etc. Then the issue escalated into a "he said, she said" hardball war and Cablevision retaliated by pulling their HD feeds from CI.

After the MSG HD feeds were pulled last season, I got used to watching the MSG SD feeds. For me, it took a few minutes but after watching for a short time, I got used to doing without the HD feeds since I like the MSG crews far better than anyone elses broadcast team. I tried watching the "road" teams HD feeds but for me, it wasn't worth the swap.

What's irritating to a lot of NHL fans is having to deal with the Vs issue as well. Rangers/Devils gm next week....can't see it without Vs on DTV.

That it does (smell :mad:) The way I understand the issue, it is a "Dolan" Cablevision issue that started with a dispute between them and the NHL about how the MSG web site (or something like that) was being run or setup, etc. Then the issue escalated into a "he said, she said" hardball war and Cablevision retaliated by pulling their HD feeds from CI.

After the MSG HD feeds were pulled last season, I got used to watching the MSG SD feeds. For me, it took a few minutes but after watching for a short time, I got used to doing without the HD feeds since I like the MSG crews far better than anyone elses broadcast team. I tried watching the "road" teams HD feeds but for me, it wasn't worth the swap.

What's irritating to a lot of NHL fans is having to deal with the Vs issue as well. Rangers/Devils gm next week....can't see it without Vs on DTV.

I just dont understand these tv providers-right or wrong pulling channels off the air?

Its the paying customer who suffers...

all of them play hard ball..Then they pull channels?
Wish they would just stop it and find a way to work it out without taking programming from us.

I do have Versus through Dish..But they are notorious for taking channels off the air when they want to fight with a channel over money.
So, for now, its on dish..
Who knows it could be gone tomarow if it suits Mr Ergen.

Im shocked that Direc has resorted to an old dish tactic of pulling valued programming off the air..

Its a horrendous practice!

Did you guys catch the MSG+ HD gm on 771-1 (Devils/Pens) tonight?

They're posting over at DBSTalk about it. So far, we don't know if someone at the DTV Control Ctr flipped the wrong switch or if something's happened with the NHL/Donlan dispute. We'll have to see several MSG HD gm's in a row before I pop the cork down here in Dallas :) Anything's possible after the Versus news this week, I guess.

IIRC, MSG HD is on D* and available to people in the NY area that have MSG HD as their local HD. I believe the problem is that the Dolans (Cablevision) pulled the channel from the NHL Center Ice PPV package. So unlike Versus, D* isn't part of the problem.

IIRC, MSG HD is on D* and available to people in the NY area that have MSG HD as their local HD. I believe the problem is that the Dolans (Cablevision) pulled the channel from the NHL Center Ice PPV package. So unlike Versus, D* isn't part of the problem.

Right, I forgot to mention that I'm in Dallas so I was posting for all of the out-of-mkt NHL fans.

After the Versus thing, I guess I was thinking "Anything's possible" :) We'll see tomorrow night (Blues at Rangers). It's not showing up (MSG HD feed channel) at DTV's NHL sch but we all know that's not necessarily etched in stone.

Hey, guys, according to the guys over at DBSTalk, Bettman said on the weekly call-in show, the MSG-HD issue is settled! I'm watching Rangers Gm Night (771-1) on my 50" Panny Plasma in HD. "T minus 5 minutes & counting" until face-off!

Verified! It's on! Rangers Gm in HD on 771-1 & the Devils pre-game on 776-1 is also on in HD!

Yesssssssssssssss :)

Last edited:
Hey, guys, according to the guys over at DBSTalk, Bettman said on the weekly call-in show, the MSG-HD issue is settled! I'm watching Rangers Gm Night (771-1) on my 50" Panny Plasma in HD. "T minus 5 minutes & counting" until face-off!

Verified! It's on! Rangers Gm in HD on 771-1 & the Devils pre-game on 776-1 is also on in HD!

Yesssssssssssssss :)

Hallelujah!!!!

Now I can watch my Rangers in HD live...Its about time!!!

Better late than never

Glad this is finally resolved, took way too long.

Center Ice is great again, and with Versus back, only thing DirecTV could do better for hockey fans is more Canadian HD feeds for CI (get the other 3 Rogers Sportsnet HD feeds instead of just Toronto, and TSN).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)