MSG HD??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Thinking of renewing my NHL center ice package.

However, im only interested in MSGHD not SD.

Id love to see my Ny Rangers in high def.
Im use to the broadcast crew...

Im originaly
from Ny. Relocated to sunny south Florida.

Anyone know if any aggreement has been made??

or how to find out??

Hockey season is coming...Need to make a move or not

Thanks,
Joel

Until it is announced that there has been an agreement, anything discussed about this is pure speculation. Chances are even if there is an agreement there won't be an announcement...the games will just reappear in HD.

The Dolans have a long history of denying their product to serve their own best interests, going back to keeping the Yankees off their cable systems because they were mad Steinbrenner moved them to MSG network. This could be resolved quickly, but it could also go on for a long time.

You do have the option to 'move' to the NY area, as locally we are able to receive MSG HD through DirecTV. If you move you will receive NY locals, but only the big four networks. The spot beam for the rest of the local channels will not reach Florida.

Sandra

I must be out of the loop on this one, I still see MSGHD in my guide and everything and that was before I "moved" back to Long Island. Anyway, when I was still in NC I recall seeing MSGHD, I'm not a big hockey fan so I haven't paid close attentions to the games. I remember seeing Knicks games in HD last basketball season. What's the deal?

I must be out of the loop on this one, I still see MSGHD in my guide and everything and that was before I "moved" back to Long Island. Anyway, when I was still in NC I recall seeing MSGHD, I'm not a big hockey fan so I haven't paid close attentions to the games. I remember seeing Knicks games in HD last basketball season. What's the deal?

While MSGHD may be available around the country, the actual games are not available unless you subscribe to the Center Ice package. And MSGHD is not included in the Center Ice package. It is only available locally in the NY area.

Sandra

While MSGHD may be available around the country, the actual games are not available unless you subscribe to the Center Ice package. And MSGHD is not included in the Center Ice package. It is only available locally in the NY area.

Sandra

Ah, I see. Okay, I remember hearing something about this. Dolan is a douche bag!

Until it is announced that there has been an agreement, anything discussed about this is pure speculation. Chances are even if there is an agreement there won't be an announcement...the games will just reappear in HD.

The Dolans have a long history of denying their product to serve their own best interests, going back to keeping the Yankees off their cable systems because they were mad Steinbrenner moved them to MSG network. This could be resolved quickly, but it could also go on for a long time.

You do have the option to 'move' to the NY area, as locally we are able to receive MSG HD through DirecTV. If you move you will receive NY locals, but only the big four networks. The spot beam for the rest of the local channels will not reach Florida.

Sandra

Yes, I grew up on Long Island spent most of my life there.
Loved seeing the Rangers, Jets, Giants, Knicks and Yankees.

Dont ever remember seeing any of them in HD while living there.
This was before my HD addiction..

I left in 2001...

MSG HD factored heavily into me 'moving' back to NY.

i miss JD.

+1 . That "Sam/JD" combo was awesome. I learned many things about hockey from those guys on the old C-Band dish in Dallas.

I thought about "moving" to NY but I can't get the spot beams in Dallas so it wasn't worth it to me, but it was tempting because of this MSG-HD thing. What I did last year after MSG pulled the HD feeds was watch the SD feeds since imo, the Rangers and Devils broadcasts are better than the road teams'.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)