ScoreGuide and yesterday's scores

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
I apologize if this has been beaten to death already - I've seen it briefely mentioned in a few places, but not with any real discussion or resolution.

If I missed a thread somewhere, feel free to point me in the right direction and accept my apologies for starting a duplicate.

This is the biggest reason I don't use this - the one time I probably would is in the morning when I want to get quick scores, but I hit it this morning at 7:15 ET and it's already showing tonight's schedule... any thoughts or plans to change this that anyone is aware of?

It's cool to have the ability to see the current schedule and tune to games that are in progress (or it would be, anyway, if I had MLBEI), but in the morning it would be much better to show the previous day's stuff and/or show both at the same time. The only time I can see this being a problem is when there is an event going on (British Open, Wimbledon, Olympics, etc) in the morning, but that's pretty rare...

I apologize if this has been beaten to death already - I've seen it briefely mentioned in a few places, but not with any real discussion or resolution.

If I missed a thread somewhere, feel free to point me in the right direction and accept my apologies for starting a duplicate.

This is the biggest reason I don't use this - the one time I probably would is in the morning when I want to get quick scores, but I hit it this morning at 7:15 ET and it's already showing tonight's schedule... any thoughts or plans to change this that anyone is aware of?

It's cool to have the ability to see the current schedule and tune to games that are in progress (or it would be, anyway, if I had MLBEI), but in the morning it would be much better to show the previous day's stuff and/or show both at the same time. The only time I can see this being a problem is when there is an event going on (British Open, Wimbledon, Olympics, etc) in the morning, but that's pretty rare...

I understand your point of view, but it does have to be updated at some point to that days' games. I don't know when it is done, but it's obviously some time between the end of the last game and 7:15 the next morning. Apparently the intent of the Scoreguide is for current games, not yesterdays. Perhaps you should find a better source for scores, like the ESPN website.

Generally, I believe, the best way to do it is to switch at NOON Eastern. There are never games before Noon.

Better yet, do it like the MLB Team TV Apps and give two or three days of viewable.

I was thinking 10 am would do nicely !

Anytime after I leave for work would be fine with me :)

I do like the idea of having more than one day (in tabs, maybe?) as well.

And trust me, I don't rely on Scoreguide at all - between my PC's, Blackberry, etc, I have plenty of places to find scores, but if I am watching TV at that point in the day and the Scoreguide prompt comes up, it ought to be worth something more than just showing me a schedule of the day's games...

Just me, but I use ScoreGuide all the time, mainly for checking the current scores and I like the channel-select feature. I use it a lot to switch to different games. imo, this is a great add-on feature from DTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)