MSNBC (209) Signal Loss on EARC?

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
Just a few minutes ago we lost the signal on MSNBC (209) on both our receivers. Getting error screen 004. So far that's the only channel. Went to Point Dish and I'm receiving all three sat's. Anyoe else? Is this the only one?

Yes sorry...

Tune to channel 4089 and you should see it... this means you nee a DISH upgrade as in a few weeks that channel will be moved off of 61.5 to 72.7. :)

Yes sorry...

Tune to channel 4089 and you should see it... this means you nee a DISH upgrade as in a few weeks that channel will be moved off of 61.5 to 72.7. :)

So what exactly are they going to do with 61.5 once they get all of the national HD off of it? Is that going to basically be only used for local channels now?

If they have room for all of the national HD on 72.7 it sure seems like they have the bandwidth we are always hearing they don't have for full time HD RSNs. It seems like they would fit on 61.5 now that they are taking so much off of that satellite. It also seems like they had room for them all along on 72.7. Are they just making it this way because the WA doesn't have room? Why pretend the EA doesn't have room just because the WA doesn't? I know some WA customers would be upset but I don't see why EA and WA have to be the same.

I not sure if this is related or not but I noticed that all my SD channels that used to be there are all gone from the guide and only ones left are the HDs ones.

For example:

200 CNN
200 CNN HD

Now, only '200 CNN HD' appears in the guide.

There was a software update that hid SD channels on a lot of receivers. You should be able to show them again by pressing menu-8-1, and enabling HD&SD channels

I not sure if this is related or not but I noticed that all my SD channels that used to be there are all gone from the guide and only ones left are the HDs ones.

For example:

200 CNN
200 CNN HD

Now, only '200 CNN HD' appears in the guide.

I'm not getting NFL Network. I'm guessing it's due to the same problem. My local HD's have come and gone for the last couple of weeks as well. CSR's with Dish didn't know what was going on. Could all this be related to the same problem?

I'm not getting NFL Network. I'm guessing it's due to the same problem. My local HD's have come and gone for the last couple of weeks as well. CSR's with Dish didn't know what was going on. Could all this be related to the same problem?

Is it completely missing, or are you getting the signal loss message as well?

Does NFL Network show on channel 4079?

So what exactly are they going to do with 61.5 once they get all of the national HD off of it? Is that going to basically be only used for local channels now?

If they have room for all of the national HD on 72.7 it sure seems like they have the bandwidth we are always hearing they don't have for full time HD RSNs. It seems like they would fit on 61.5 now that they are taking so much off of that satellite. It also seems like they had room for them all along on 72.7. Are they just making it this way because the WA doesn't have room? Why pretend the EA doesn't have room just because the WA doesn't? I know some WA customers would be upset but I don't see why EA and WA have to be the same.
They'll have the room on 61.5 for the RSNs but since the majority of the subs are on WA, I could see how it would be unfair to have them turned on at one arc and not on the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)