MSNBC and Cooking in Dish America Gold?

So what's the latest? Before this thread is forgotten, we need to keep it near the top of the threads so that it is not forgotten. Today is the 23 of March. Wasn't MSNBC HD supposed to be on? I see it is on in SD. Arent' we supposed to be getting it in HD in the Dish America packages? What about Cooking Channel? Any chance of us getting that?

This has been going on a long time now. Either the channels are to be included in a package or not based on contract language.
If they are legally included in a package, are they coded correctly for inclusion?
If coded correctly and not appearing, analyze why this is the case and correct.
If not coded correctly, code them correctly.

Simple decision tree, it would seem.

I think this is just another example of how messy things seem to be at Dish HQ. Those of us that own our own businesses and/or have worked in larger organizations are dumbfounded at times about how issues cannot be resolved expeditiously at Dish HQ.

No the beauty is that 20 months after Dish added MSNBC HD, Turbo/Dish America subs finally got it. Whether they should have had it all long or whether there was a change in contracts that allowed it, isn't known to us as far as I know. At any rate, DIRT accomplished what mere subs could not with their calls to customer service. Another notch for the DIRT belt. :)

In regards to Cook HD, I am still working on this to get a definitive answer. 2 out of 3 sources say no, but the vote that is still out is the one that matters most, honestly. Hopefully the answer will be concrete soon, and either the website gets corrected (although not the answer I want) or the channel also becomes available.

Hey guys, don't forget Matt. It was his contact that he annoyed daily, who in all honesty ended up being the key to the whole thing as far as the "fix" on MSNBCHD. Matt gave me his source :)eek:) but I didn't have the same kind of luck and skill that Matt did.

Last edited:
Agreed. IRT saw this one through till there were some results.

That said, while it was not Dish IRT's fault, this took over a MONTH to get a partial resolution. Furthermore, this issue would have never even been on Dish IRT radar had dlharm not begun this thread, and had not others here linked IRT to this thread and pursued it through the Dish IRT channel. Until they took it and ran with it. Thanks to the OP, as well.

I'll wait to hear about Cooking HD. Honestly, I have little interest in television news, so MSNBC is a non-starter, even though it is one of the two channels Dish was advertising but not actually carrying.

No the beauty is that 20 months after Dish added MSNBC HD, Turbo/Dish America subs finally got it. Whether they should have had it all long or whether there was a change in contracts that allowed it, isn't known to us as far as I know. At any rate, DIRT accomplished what mere subs could not with their calls to customer service. Another notch for the DIRT belt. :)

My Executive Office contact says the target date to have MSNBC on Silver & Gold is 3/23/11. I didn't ask about cooking.

The sad/bad thing is is that MSNBC probably has never been 'live' on Silver & Gold, and only us Absolute Refugees noticed.

Well looks like my man was right again :)

I started this thread over a month ago and DishNetwork hasn't got it right yet after lying to me, sending me two receivers, one home technician and after I've made dozens of phone calls. I would be ashamed if I worked for a company that took so long to resolve ONE issue.

I think DN should establish a different policy for these types of problems, obviously the policy in place not does not address the real issue, DN is not able to help it's customers the way its customer want help.

I had to solve the issue myself by spending more money to get the stations I wanted. Which is what I really think DN wanted all along!

This is a fine example of what makes American companies so lousy, they say one thing and do another without considering the very people they serve.

You bet I'm upset, I pay their bills, I am a customer, and I expect more in return!

At the very least I should be given some type of credit for putting up with this crap, informing them of their mistakes and being FORCED to add a more expensive package just to see the channels I've been paying for.

I wish I could complain to some type of higher authority, but who would that be?

Sincerely.
RenoFrank

Firstly, you did not start this thread; dlharm did, on 2/6/2011.

Additionally, and for the last time, if your problem is Cooking HD or MSNBC HD, it is NOT an equipment issue. You can get as many new receivers and technician visits as you want - it won't fix the issue. You've been told this many times (after your first tech visit/receiver replacement) and seem to ignore it. I can't begin to diagnose your issues with the PI programming you're missing. Then again, those are seperate from the topic of this thread and Dish IRT has already offered to work with you on that one on one.

:rolleyes:
I started this thread over a month ago and DishNetwork hasn't got it right yet after lying to me, sending me two receivers, one home technician and after I've made dozens of phone calls. I would be ashamed if I worked for a company that took so long to resolve ONE issue.

Last edited:
Okay, technically you are right. I started another thread only to find out others were having the same issue, so I jumped on to this thread to help the technicians stay focused on one issue. Which they still haven't resolved - my point!

I was not the one who suggested I ever get another receiver, the techs did and my problem was in trusting them!

Lastly, no one offered any help or tried to work with me. They tried to console me, gave me false hopes, and still have not resolved the problem. How can anyone say they helped me. Not one question did they ask me, not once did they return the calls I made where they said they would stay in touch. The only suggestion was to UPGRADE. They said it would be a few days, they a few weeks, now it's a month later and still no answer.

"OFFERED TO WORK WITH ME!!!" give me a break, no one has offered to work with me, they listen well, but as for WORKING WITH ME, I think not. They have my work sheets, complaints, etc. and my phone number, but NEVER a call in any manner to resolve the issue and make me feel like their "SPECIAL" customer, (the quote on their call information number when I call.)

They seem to need someone like me to come to work for them and kick butt! I treat my customers in my business better than this, why can't DN?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)