MSNBC and Cooking in Dish America Gold?

Well, both the DAG and DAGOLD links on Dish's website are now displaying. Both include Cooking HD. Interesting.

Waiting patiently here for Dish to make it right and add the channel.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I just got word that Cooking channel HD will be removed from dish.com (I was told roughly a week to get it done).

From previous conversations we had, it doesn't sound like Cooking HD should have ever been in the DA packages.

Sorry guys.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I just got word that Cooking channel HD will be removed from dish.com (I was told roughly a week to get it done).

From previous conversations we had, it doesn't sound like Cooking HD should have ever been in the DA packages.

Sorry guys.

I know it's not your fault Matt but all of the DA Gold Subs are going to get really pissed off once they read that. I'm just saying be prepared to deal with a lot of complaining.

8 weeks and counting to get the Dish web site corrected with proper channel list. If I took that long to correct a mistake I did at work, well I don't even want to think want may happen. Should have been taken care of long ago.
We DA subs are not to receive the Cooking Channel from what I take written in this forum. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.
I guess I should be happy we did get MSNBC, but I'm not. DA Gold suds should be receiving Cooking Channel also, just my opinion.
Part of my beef with this whole process is that DA subs took the Feb. rate increase as did all or most other Dish subs, and have taken other rate increases in previous years as have most other Dish subs, but yet we DA subs are down HD channels from last year (ESPNews, ABCFamily, and Disney) and have not received any of the HD channels that Dish has added in the past 2 yrs. or so. Other than MSNBC I do not remember when a HD channel was added to my DA Gold package. Someone that is in the know please enlighten me.
Is RFDHD part of all packages or which package(s) is it supposed to be in? I believe the HD feed of RFD was just added within the past few days and I have it but am leery to say so as it may disappear, now.
And yes, I know I can get a American Top package but I do not want all of the SD channels as the pic quality of most SD is undesirable to me.
Thanks for listening and I'm now going to go find some cheese to go with my whine of the day.

Duane

Sorry guys.

I see that the dish site still has the Cooking Channel listed as part of DA Gold as of 7 am cst 4/10/2011. What does it take to get the channel listings corrected so that when someone looks at the listing sees what they will receive and not get a not so good surprise after the install.
We are at 9 weeks now from the time I started this thread, and longer that I was in contact with dish through emails etc. about this and still the same old s---.
Apparently it is a lot harder to up-date the web site listings than I think it would be, or dish just doesn't care that much about such things.
The quote above was from 3/29/2011 and I guess the roughly 1 week to remove from dish.com is still in effect.
Here's an idea- give the Cooking Channel to us DA Gold subs and that way we can say we received another new HD channel, something that was not in our vocabulary up until this time. We did get MSNBC the other day.

Last edited:
Sorry to be late to the game here, but I noticed MSNBC appeared in my DA Silver lineup...looks like it was added? Or is it just part of the current preview package of channels? Like it, keeping fingers crossed.

Cool--thanks! I was reading that into the thread discussion, but wasn't 100% sure. Now, if only Keith was still on, I'd be in bid-ness...miss his silly mug.

I believe that the Cooking Channel logo was taken out of the DA Gold channel line-up at the Dish website on Tuesday, 4/19. I checked the site every evening to see when it would be up-dated. I assume that takes care of the question I originally had over 2 months ago. At this time I do not see it in the listing on the website.
At least we received MSNBC, personally I would have rather had the Cooking channel.
Now let's hope Dish throws us a bone once in a while when new HD channels are added.
Thanks! to all who commented to try to get what I feel we deserved and to MattG and TonyT of the DIRT for their help even though the results were not totally to our satisfaction.

shanewalker said:
Cool--thanks! I was reading that into the thread discussion, but wasn't 100% sure. Now, if only Keith was still on, I'd be in bid-ness...miss his silly mug.

He'll be back soon on Current TV. I watch him online right now. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)