Mtv-hd?

Ominous1 said:
Having MTV in HD would be great. Not that I would watch it, but think of all the youn 16-21ish year olds with more disposable money then they know what to do with. More HDTVs out there = more reason for other people to produce HD material. If you want HD to take off, you need a ship...I can't think of a better ship then MTV to push HD into the average americans home.
The videos would be SD. It would be pointless

vurbano said:

And? People watch MTV these days for their programing. Real world, TRL, and what ever else they are still showing that I remember them having.

except thats all you will see for the rest of this month.

Well, not exactly true, because I continue to be impressed.

I watched Michael McDonald and some of the Doobies in concert tonight. Another quality concert to be sure. And the PQ was as good as I have EVER seen!

Unfortunately that concert has been run a ton of times, too. I've seen everything on that channel a bunch of times now. Please add some new content to Rave, Voom!

vurbano said:

Seems like more and more newer videos are in 16:9 letterbox format...are these actually being shot in HD? If so there may be HD videos available for an MTV-HD channel.

On "digital" cable locally, before I switched to E*, they introduced a channel called "MTV Hits" that played new videos 24/7, no shows, specials, few commercials (similar format to VH1 Classic/VH1 Country). Never seen it anywhere else...don't even think MTV website mentions it...but it would make a cool HD Channel!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts