MTV/Nick MUX on C3 GONE

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
They went megapipe today as reported by another forum and NPS, supposed to be reuplinked to GB soon to anyone who is wondering.

I just looked at the mux with TSReader. The mux has not changed yet. Still 19510. I can still tune the mux with the 4dtv. The channels are not available however.

whats with the word mux? is this some kind of slang for mix? i know ive only been here for a month or so, but have never heard that word till today, when catching up on the other forum. by the way the other forum had a cable operator saying that was not true but they are going back and forth right now.

MUX is an abbreviation (really multiplexing if I remember) Combines several different signals (eg video, audio, data) onto a single communication channel for transmission; combining multiple video/audio signals on a carrier channel at the same time in the form of a single, complex signal to another device that recovers the separate signals at the receiving end. The receiver end is sometimes called demuxing (or DEMUX).

I heard this was probably going to happen from my programming dealer. I just can't remember why. Did they go over to PowerVu like CourtTV did?

No they did not, at the moment nothing has changed, and cable company's have not been told about a change, not sure what is going on we may need to wait till Monday for some news.

No they did not, at the moment nothing has changed, and cable company's have not been told about a change, not sure what is going on we may need to wait till Monday for some news.
I just called my program providers SPS and they said they were have problems with the satellite and the channels may be down a couple of days.What is going on here?

My 4dtv says those feeds are now Megapipe or "MP" under authorization status.

If these went to Megapipe, our 4d's cannot process those feeds as the data rates are too fast for our cpu's

My 4dtv says those feeds are now Megapipe or "MP" under authorization status.

If these went to Megapipe, our 4d's cannot process those feeds as the data rates are too fast for our cpu's

Authorization status "MP" does not mean megapipe. MP stands for Missing Program Rekey. I have no idea what that actually means though. The fact that your 4dtv can lock the signal indicates it is not megapipe.

oops!

Thanks for clearing that one up. I thought MP meant megapipe.

So as it stands i have no authorization for the MTV mux on c3 even though I have the absolute digital pack from nps.

Could just be an uplink prob.

THE PIZZA PAN COMUNISTS HAVE EXERTED THEIR FORCE***

Well bad news for us that want the best quality, good news for those that sub to these channels with NPS, Viacom does not want to work out a deal to offer us the master feeds and we will be getting them off HITS.

This sucks bigtime, I really hope NBC does not pull the same BS.

This just in:

If you have NPS's absolute digital package, I'm told that you should now be able to receive the Mtv/Nick mux on X4. Apparently, the HITS channels have now been added as stated above.

I'm not sure if this affects their Digital Essentials package, although it should because the mux was part of that package too.

I've got Digital Essentials, and the x4 channels are black.

Just did 2 rehits. I saw my trip counter go up, but the channels are still dead. Maybe they're pulling them from the Dig Essentials package. I'll call tomorrow for clarification.

Update:
I called and received this clarification: "due to high call volumes we have hung up the phones and are outside smoking cigarettes until further notice".

I'll report what I find as soon as I get someone on the phone.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts