Much different between 0.3 and 0.6 lnbs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cracklincrotch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Is there really much difference between 0.3db and 0.6db noise figures for LNBs? The linear ones I have are made by "Samsonic" and are 0.6 that I purchased along with my T90. Not having anything to compare to, would it make much difference to me to switch them or if it's working why bother?

I've worked with many LNB's and have seen my old ExpressVu LNB (when ExpressVu first started they were linear) which is a .7 or .8 beat some cheapo "so called" .3 LNB's

I like for duals the Sadoun .4..they're really good and stable.

you get what you pay for, you pay $20 for an ebay special 0.3db its probably a $5 0.6db they have renamed.

Ive got the invacom qph-031 and its an excellent lnb, the noise floor is clearly visable in the spectrum analyzer as much much lower then any ebay lnb Ive tried.

Iceberg, you did a review on the techsat Tracker II (0.2) a while back and you said you liked it a lot.
I bought one because of that review. I am getting at least 20-30% stonger signal than the 0.5 I was using. But I put the new 0.2 techsat Tracker II on a new 36" that I put up to replace my old 30" dish, so I can't say if it is the LNB, dish or both together.... when I am not lazy in the future I will put my old 0.5 on again and see if there is any difference.:)

yep I did a review a while back and did really like them. The only issue is it was a single output and almost all the LNB's I use are duals :)

Iceberg, you did a review on the techsat Tracker II (0.2) a while back and you said you liked it a lot.
I bought one because of that review. I am getting at least 20-30% stonger signal than the 0.5 I was using. But I put the new 0.2 techsat Tracker II on a new 36" that I put up to replace my old 30" dish, so I can't say if it is the LNB, dish or both together.... when I am not lazy in the future I will put my old 0.5 on again and see if there is any difference.:)

Dish for me was the bigger factor I guess. switched the 0.2 tracker II with my old dual 0.5 and they were about the same quality on G10R.
As Iceberg said, the plus with my 0.5 is it is dual. the 0.2 is single.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)