Multi Room DVR ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nonrev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2007
NJ
I recently returned my mother DRV and while there an CV employee said that within a month or so we'll have multi room capabilities. He said it would be via a software update. Can anyone confirm this?

I recently returned my mother DRV and while there an CV employee said that within a month or so we'll have multi room capabilities. He said it would be via a software update. Can anyone confirm this?

He was refering to the Network DVR. Cablevision lost the first case in court, then won on an appeal. Now it's back in the courts. Can't blame Cablevision on this one.

Have reservations about network DVRs.

I do lots of dubbing from my DVR onto DVD. Sudden problems with service does not affect dubbing material stored on a personal hard drive whereas it would on a network DVR. Obviously, I'm not concerned about the loss of a twenty-five cent recordable DVD but I would either have to monitor each recording I make or slowly scan each DVD after dubbing from a Network DVR to insure there were no momentary interuptions. With a personal DVR I can leave it alone when dubbing and do something else.

Why is this a dumb idea? I think it's a great idea.
Oh I don't know? How about the fact that it will move incredibly SLOW. Have you ever used On Demand? It's so super slow navigating around. Imaging what it will be like with more customers using it 24 hrs a day. And if your just hitting the play button to watch a show then leaving it alone then fine. But what about stopping or fast forwarding? Its so SLOW.

Just scrolling through the lists is very slow. Each page has to load. Especially when going from one on demand page like HBO to the main list. I can't stress enough how slow it will be with MORE users accessing it all day long.

And like the last poster said. What about cable issues? My home dvr has all my shows stored on the drive. My neighbors unit doesn't effect my dvr. But if there is a problem at cablevision EVERYBODYS dvr goes down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)