Multi-room viewing broken by update.

Huntress

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
Oceanside, California
One of the updates has broken the multi-room viewing feature where you can pause a DVR recording in one room and then resume from another room. This worked on my system before S212 and now no longer works. I now have S217 on both Hoppers.
I have: 2 Hoppers, 3 joeys, and a HIC in the system and have the problem with both Hoppers. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Barbara

I successfully did this on my S217 Hooper and S268 Joey last night. When you say it doesnt work, what is happening? I paused on my Hopper, went up to my Joey and pressed the red button, selected the tuner at my Hopper location I had paused and then unpaused on the Joey to continue watching. Is that what you say doesnt work anymore?

I think he's talking about recordings rather than Live TV. OP you could also try stopping the recording, then selecting the recording from the other receiver, and selecting "Resume."

I was talking about recordings. I used to be able to pause the Hopper and then go to the Joey, press the DVR button, press resume on the recording I was watching, and then select where I was watching from (the Hopper). The Joey would then start at the point the Hopper was when I paused it. I could watch for a while and then pause the Joey (or stop it), go to the Hopper, press DVR, select the recording, press resume, select the Joey, and then watch from the point that I paused the Joey. This no longer works on either of my Hoppers. It doesn't matter if I pause the show or stop it.

Barbara

I think he's talking about recordings rather than Live TV. OP you could also try stopping the recording, then selecting the recording from the other receiver, and selecting "Resume."

I think I'll survive. :) Yep, rebooted every dish device in the house and nothing changed. When I go to another room and select the recording that I was watching and then press resume (play) I get the listing of the locations that have watched or paused that recording along with the time into the recording at each location. The times are correct but when I select a location the video is paused at the current location and shows "live TV". It used to start immeadiately at the paused location. If it works for you then I know that there is a problem with my equipment and I'll let Dish sort it out.

Barbara

I'm on the newest software for the Hopper/Joeys and never experienced this problem. What I do different from you is I pause then stop the program and turn off the Joey in the room I am leaving and switch back to another Joey or Hopper in the house. I'm not sure if the recording has to be stopped or not for it to detect where you left off on the other units but by using my method I've always had the option to start where I left off. I hope this helps or another bug I've never experienced gets fixed. (then i'll be able to experience it)

This has not worked for me in a while. It will show the other places it was watched and do you want to continue from those places ,but it just shows live tv or from the start all over again. If it ever worked right, I missed it.

I just tried this on a DVR program I was watching last night before I fell asleep (I had stopped it manually prior to shutting off the Joey) and it resumed right where I left off when I resumed it on my Hopper, so there may be something to the theory that you have to stop it (instead of pause) to perform the resume.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)