multi-room viewing

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
is there like a walkthrough type thing on how to set it up? Also, does it let every receiver access my HR22? Only the ones networked? Can SD receivers access the DVR via MRV? if I have any lag on DirecTV2PC, will it also exist with MRV? Thanks

is there like a walkthrough type thing on how to set it up? Also, does it let every receiver access my HR22? Only the ones networked? Can SD receivers access the DVR via MRV? if I have any lag on DirecTV2PC, will it also exist with MRV? Thanks

I think the rec'r needs an ethernet connection to work with the MRV.

its currently disabled, have to wait and see if it comes back tonight. and search is your friend, all of those are basic questions answered in many threads.

Actually, I think it still works if you haven't done a ce in a few weeks, but if you download the latest ce, then you will lose it since it isn't in the ce for now. Edit: Yup, I just checked my dvr, and it still works.

Actually, I think it still works if you haven't done a ce in a few weeks, but if you download the latest ce, then you will lose it since it isn't in the ce for now. Edit: Yup, I just checked my dvr, and it still works.

Well that would make sense till you do another CE or the box does it's own upgrade.

Well apparently I'd need to upgrade my H20s to H23s to add ethernet to even get multi-room viewing. what are the chances D* will ship me H23s for free if I call up? I've only had service installed for 2 weeks as of today.

Well apparently I'd need to upgrade my H20s to H23s to add ethernet to even get multi-room viewing. what are the chances D* will ship me H23s for free if I call up? I've only had service installed for 2 weeks as of today.

Yes, H20's do not have ethernet ability.

Chances of getting them FREE, all of them , SLIM.

Remember the typical CSR has no idea what a CE is or why you would be asking about ethernet connections.

Yes, H20's do not have ethernet ability.

Chances of getting them FREE, all of them , SLIM.

Remember the typical CSR has no idea what a CE is or why you would be asking about ethernet connections.
Is ethernet used for anything else? I need a complaint so that way I get an H23 :p

Media Share uses ethernet port also and that's in the national release.
I'll try CSR roulette tomorrow then and talk about how I want media share with the receiver in a room and I'd like an H23 as I just paid $100 and I got an outdated receiver. Sounds like a legit complaint :)

All you can do is try. You might want to say you saw Media Share working at a friends house (might want to really have a name just in case) and expected you'd be given a receiver that would work with it.

Or note that while you'd like to watch PPV movies, you cant because you dont have a phone line in that room. But you've got a network connection and you hear that can be used to report PPV's purchased...

will they send one out and then let me send this one back, or do I have to send it and then wait?

will they send one out and then let me send this one back, or do I have to send it and then wait?

Don't know, all you can do is ask. You could also try the executive office e-mail, ellen.filipiak@directv.com , tell them as a new customer you thought you'd get a new receiver since you wanted to use Media Share which a H20 can't do, maybe you'll get lucky that way.

Don't know, all you can do is ask. You could also try the executive office e-mail, ellen.filipiak@directv.com , tell them as a new customer you thought you'd get a new receiver since you wanted to use Media Share which a H20 can't do, maybe you'll get lucky that way.
Sent an e-mail. Told em that a friend convinced me into getting D* with the media share function, and I wanted that in a room. I was disappointed to pay $100 fee and get outdated hardware that didn't support a function that I subbed for. Hopefully I get it replaced and can go onto MRV once it is added back to CE.

Typically the send the new one along with a prepaid FedEx label that you use when sending back the old one in the box. However, if it is delivered by an installer, he may take the old one. In any case, you don't need to pay to ship it back.

After the email, they called my house this afternoon. I was going to the bathroom and missed the call. Checked my inbox and was left a different number to call back for the customer advocacy team. im also interested as to how they got my home phone number. it wasn't on my directv contact info.

After the email, they called my house this afternoon. I was going to the bathroom and missed the call. Checked my inbox and was left a different number to call back for the customer advocacy team. im also interested as to how they got my home phone number. it wasn't on my directv contact info.

Well the first thing they ask when you call inm is your phone number, even in the automated part. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)