Multi-Sport Package

The Sports pack is only needed in order to watch the Twins on FOXN.

Wrong, not all Cards games are broadcast on FSN Tenn. Indeed FSN MW is needed.

Another interesting fact is if you live in Spencer, IA then you don't need the sports pack as FSN North, FSN MW and CSN Chicago are your RSNs (that is with Dish). At least that's whats Dish's website shows up when you run the 51301 zip code. Can anyone from Spencer, IA confirm ? :)

Funny thing is Moline and Davenport get the same locals, but folks in Moline pay more in taxes and only get 4 teams.
Duluth, MN and Superior, WI are the same way.
Both have same locals (across the river from each other)

Duluth gets Twins and Brewers
Superior gets Brewers only

well according to the Dish site they get 4 RSN's
Regional and Collegiate Sports Networks are available with America's Top 120 Plus or higher.
Big Ten
CSN Chicago
Fox Sports North
Fox Sports Midwest

Now whether or not the games are blacked out thats different. With Directv it shows this

with all packages
Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD (Ch. 665) - HD Available
# Chicago Blackhawks (HD Available)
# Chicago Bulls (HD Available)
# Cubs (HD Available)
# White Sox (HD Available)

FS North HD (Ch. 668) - HD Available
# Brewers (HD Available)
# Minnesota Timberwolves (HD Available)
# Minnesota Wild (HD Available)
# Twins (HD Available)

with sports pack

FS Midwest HD (Ch. 671) - HD Available
# Cardinals (HD Available)
# Royals (HD Available)
# St. Louis Blues (HD Available)

I have the Multi-sports pack because I get the NHL Network and can watch the out of market games repeats. Living in California some of the East Coast networks repeat games at midnight, 9 pm for me. I'm not sure if you can get the baseball repeats. I'm not a baseball fan. But, I also get MLS Soccer repeats and my daughter loves the college gymnastics on the Big Ten Network and Fox Sports South & Fox Sports Florida.

calrich said:
I have the Multi-sports pack because I get the NHL Network and can watch the out of market games repeats. Living in California some of the East Coast networks repeat games at midnight, 9 pm for me. I'm not sure if you can get the baseball repeats. I'm not a baseball fan. But, I also get MLS Soccer repeats and my daughter loves the college gymnastics on the Big Ten Network and Fox Sports South & Fox Sports Florida.

I can confirm that baseball and basketball replays are blacked out. NHL replays are in the clear.

And here in Nebraska, soon to be a Big Ten state, there are rumors that Dish's agreement with the Big Ten will have to be renewed before the Big Ten Network can be made available in Nebraska without Multi-Sport. When July 1 comes around (Nebraska's "official" entry date) it will be interesting to see if that's the case. In Omaha, the regionals are FSN Midwest, Root Sports RM (formerly FSNRM), and Altitude. However, Rockies games on RSRM are blacked out for 3 hours, and Royals games are almost always on a FSMW alt feed, for Kansas City, in SD. The KC Royals are the ONLY MLB team considered local; for other sports, it's the Colorado teams -- Nuggets, Avalanche, Rapids -- all on Altitude. Pretty sure I don't even get the KC MLS team. Only consolation is I can get the Cubs on WGN and local sports bars always have the Cubs on, I can at least get the tail-end of quite a few Rockies games in HD, and I actually enjoy watching the Nuggets.

Yet if I were to "move" my account just four miles away, to an Iowa location, I'd still be within the Omaha market for local broadcast channels but would instead get six MLB teams, including the Cubs(!) and no question about whether or not I'd get the Big Ten Network w/o Multi-Sport. Only thing holding me back is not wanting to go through the hassle of a "move" as well as losing Root Sports and Altitude programming, including Nuggets games, Big 12 and soon-to-be-Pac 12 sports on Altitude and Root, respectively, and the ninth-inning of some Rockies games. Hmm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)