Multi Sports add on

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Nakano

Original poster
May 23, 2008
I noticed that if I add multi sports they would include Fox Sports San Diego. If I get it, would I be able to see Padres games or would it be blacked out anyways (I'm in Michigan)?

ALL pro-sports (baseball, etc.) OUTSIDE your local area WILL be blacked out, sorry...

That's not completely true is it? I always thought I was able to see all kinds of games even though they are out of my market. I'd have to double check though, I generally only watch the Cubs. My wife is able to watch all the Cardinals games that are on.

That's not completely true is it? I always thought I was able to see all kinds of games even though they are out of my market. I'd have to double check though, I generally only watch the Cubs. My wife is able to watch all the Cardinals games that are on.

That's because multiple teams claim your area. When that is the case adding the sports pack will add extra pro sports. For Michigan the Tigers claim the entire state and sports pack won't add any baseball.

My region includes RTPT as my RSN and I get Pirate games. When I added the sports pack, then Reds games were available to me on FOXCN because my area is claimed by both teams. To get a definitive list of games that wouldn't be blacked out for your area (zip code), use:

http://www.mydish.com/gamefinder/

Iowa is claimed by six major league baseball teams. If you have the sports pak then you would get the Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals and the Royals. It only makes sense to MLB as none of the teams are close and require a major road trip to see any of the games. This is wonderful for those of us who have the sports pak but the games are blacked out if I try to watch on the computer or ipad as they want you to watch on satellite. The only teams available with our local cable system are the Cubs and Sox.:D

I just did an online chat to activate a receiver and asked twice to get the sports package, second time was a charm. Got it half price for 6 months.

Iowa is claimed by six major league baseball teams. If you have the sports pak then you would get the Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals and the Royals. It only makes sense to MLB as none of the teams are close and require a major road trip to see any of the games. This is wonderful for those of us who have the sports pak but the games are blacked out if I try to watch on the computer or ipad as they want you to watch on satellite. The only teams available with our local cable system are the Cubs and Sox.:D

I use the Tune In Radio app a lot for sports radio and they will not stream a game on there anymore even though it's the actual radio station. Sucks!

Yeah. That makes multisport on Dish a great deal for people in Iowa. It makes MLB.tv not so great though. Since Iowa is considered home territory for all of those teams it means that MLB.tv has to black out all of those teams.

The OP is based in Michigan though. As a fellow Michigander I know that adding sports pack here won't give you any additional teams. The Tigers claim the entire state. This means that you can't watch the Tigers on MLB.tv anywhere in the state. It also means that you get every other team available to you on MLB.tv.

He wants to watch the Padres in Michigan. Multi Sport won't help him but MLB.tv will. It would have been a slightly better deal if he would have signed up earlier in the season but he can still get the remaining Padres games from MLB.tv for $25. This covers the rest of the season.

I use the Tune In Radio app a lot for sports radio and they will not stream a game on there anymore even though it's the actual radio station. Sucks!

Yep. You need either the MLB at Bat app or MLB Game Day Audio on your computer to listen to radio broadcasts. If you sign up for either you get access to both of them. I believe it was $15 per season for that when I used to sign up for it.

MLB.tv includes access to Game Day Audio and MLB at Bat in your subscription so I haven't had to buy it standalone for a couple years. Those audio services get you the home and away broadcast of every game with no blackouts. If there are Spanish language versions available you get those too.

MLB.tv gives you home and away television broadcasts for every game except for the Fox Saturday and ESPN Sunday night games. This includes OTA broadcasts for teams that use it unlike Directv's Extra Innings package. I have been a subscriber for a few years now and definitely recommend it. I get my home team from my local RSN but use MLB.tv to follow the rest of the Division and just good baseball in general.

If you are a fan of an out of market team it's a no brainer though. You get your home team's announcers for every game and it's cheaper than EI.

Always wondered why in Des Moines I can get Twins, Brewers, Royals, Cubs, Cardinals & White Sox on Dish but when I had Directv you could only get the Chicago teams unless you paid for the the sports pak.

With ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, NBC Sports, CBS Sports, Fox Sports 1 and all the regional sports channels there is a ton of football to watch on TV and I LOVE it!

I saw others posting about getting the multi sports pack half off for 6 months. I did an online chat and asked if I was eligible for the special and the gal said I was. Woot woot! My install doesn't occur until tomorrow so I have to check back once my service is up and running.

I saw others posting about getting the multi sports pack half off for 6 months. I did an online chat and asked if I was eligible for the special and the gal said I was. Woot woot! My install doesn't occur until tomorrow so I have to check back once my service is up and running.

After getting everything installed today I did another online chat to get the sports pack. The guy today said I wasn't eligible unless I upgraded to Americas top 120 plus even though I have been previously told I could get it for 50% off. I save the chat session where they said I could have the special but he said it was a mistake. Needless to say I'm not impressed. Everything I have read says it can be added to any package. Can anyone comment and let me know if this guy is yanking my chain.

From what I remember, the sports pack can only be added to packages that already include your RSN. It's been that way for as long as I can remember.

After getting everything installed today I did another online chat to get the sports pack. The guy today said I wasn't eligible unless I upgraded to Americas top 120 plus even though I have been previously told I could get it for 50% off. I save the chat session where they said I could have the special but he said it was a mistake. Needless to say I'm not impressed. Everything I have read says it can be added to any package. Can anyone comment and let me know if this guy is yanking my chain.

He's not yanking your chain. The multi-sport pack can only be added to the AT120+, AT200, and AT250 packages. It can't be added to other packages. I have never, ever seen anything, anywhere, that says the multi-sport package can be added to any pack. If you do find something that says it can, please bring it to my attention so I can let folks know.

He's not yanking your chain. The multi-sport pack can only be added to the AT120+, AT200, and AT250 packages. It can't be added to other packages. I have never, ever seen anything, anywhere, that says the multi-sport package can be added to any pack. If you do find something that says it can, please bring it to my attention so I can let folks know.
Now that I have looked around the web a bit more I do see the requirement to have the plus package but I have seen many examples like this "[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Get all the regional sports programming from around the country with the Multi-Sports Package. It also includes the new NFL RedZone. The NFL RedZone gives you up-to-the minute highlights of all the end zone action so you won't miss any of the important NFL plays from across the country, no matter where you live. Add it to any package for only $11.00/month."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]What sucks is I asked DISH if I was eligible with my package and was told I could add it after I had everything installed. Feels like the classic screw you of making false promises until you are officially signed in and then once your locked in for two years its a different story and more money.

?Oh well, while I'm disappointed about this, I must say the picture looks phenomenal and the hopper is great so far!
[/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)