Multi-sports pack...blackout question

johnissoevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
Erie, PA
I added the Multi-sports pack for NFL Red Zone. I noticed that SportsNet New York, home of the Mets, is in that package. Are the Mets games blacked out on SNY outside of the NYC market?

I added the Multi-sports pack for NFL Red Zone. I noticed that SportsNet New York, home of the Mets, is in that package. Are the Mets games blacked out on SNY outside of the NYC market?
ALL major league games are blacked out for all out of area this applies to all leagues NHL, NFL Big leagues NBA ect.
Unless you have a package like Sunday ticket, Center Ice NPA pass, ect.
You can usually get collage sports and if a major league game goes over 3 hrs the blackout may be lifted

I guess I can consider that good news in a way...that means no Yankee games outside of WWOR or when they play the Pirates on Fox Sports Pittsburgh would be aired here even if Dish did carry the "NO" Network. :)

There are some examples where adding the sports pack does gain you access to pro sports on some of the channels.

A couple examples off the top of my head
-Buffalo I think would get the Pirates games with sports pack but not the Pens (obviously)
-I know Iowa gains the 4 MLB teams that claim the area (Twins, Brewers, Royals, Cards) on top of the RSN that they normally get CSN Chicago. So they get 6 MLB teams and no blackouts of those 6 teams

Yea I know but it does give you an idea of what's there. I checked with DTV's zip code lookup for 618xx and it showed the same teams are available as the 10 year old list. I wish there was an updated list

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts