Multi Sports Package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You would have to buy a DPP44 switch. It is not very cheap, and install another dish. If you had a dealer do it for you it would probably run in the $300 range. The switch is about $180 (from dishstore.net) and a wing dish would run you $45 (also from dishstore.net), assuming $50-75 to pay an installer to install it for you.

I saw a screen shot from Monday night's Charlie Chat recap thread that showed:

MultiSport for $5.99/mo or $49.99/yr

I can't find any reference to the $49.99/yr anywhere on their page and this is definitely cheaper (-$21.98) for those of us who pay the monthly $5.99 but keep it year round.

Can anyone confirm they currently have this or tried this or provide a link on Dish's website before I chat up a rep to get this?

Thanks!
progress.gif

Excerpt from chat:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: My name is Jeremy and my operator id is ZA6. While I'm researching your issue, how are you doing today?
Me: Fine, thank-you.
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: I'll be happy to assist you with your question today. To further assist you can you please verify your last name and the full address with zip code on your account for me?
Me: xxxxxx
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: Thank you.
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: How can I help you today?
Me: Wanted to verify Multi-sport pricing options (monthly/yearly)
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: Sure.
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: It is $5.99 monthly or $49.99 if you choose it annually.
Me: I would like to choose it annually (currently we are $5.99 monthly) and this should save us $21.98 per year
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: Correct.
Me: Is this new pricing (I saw it on Charlie Chat Monday night) ?
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: Ok. I can add this for you. Your next bill will have prorated charges for removing the monthly Multi Sports Package, and the one time $49.99 for the Annual option.
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: Yes, we have had the pricing for a few weeks.
Me: You should advertise this on your web site.
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: I understand. Generally with annual pricing we may not have that online but we do have the offers from time to time.
Me: So this is a limited time offer then ?
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: Your monthly rate will be $xxxx with the changes.
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: There is no timeframe on when it ends currently, but we just recently changed to that special pricing.
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: I have that changed for you.
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: If you purchase the annual programming it will remain at that price until your renew date which will be 10/14/2010.
(23-12-3) Jeremy B. ZA6: I'm glad that we were able to assist you with your issue today. You can use tech-dishnetwork-com to troubleshoot your equipment. I hope that you are as excited as we are about your continuing service with us and hope you enjoy the lowest all-digital programming in America! Dish Network proudly presents an EXCLUSIVE HD concert series. Catch the CMT Front Row Concert Series on Channel 101 or Dish on Demand. New concerts premiere each month only on Dish Network! Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, and have a great day!
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

That $49.99 is very interesting. I have considered this package, due to the NFL Red Zone. I just read all 7 pages of this thread and amazed no one has mentioned that.

Thing is, I already get NBA and live in Big Ten territory, in West MI. I'm thinking the only things I would be adding would be Red Zone and NHL Network. Being able to watch the end of other RSN games is interesting. Thing is knowing where to go and thinking of it, I guess. I suppose I could try it and try to get into the habit of doing so, and see if it's worth it.

I'm in the same boat as the prior poster, Kirby...I'd like the Cubs, but in Michigan we are limited. Seems odd that other states get all kinds of teams. Anyone who knows West Michigan knows there is lots of Chicago sports interest. I guess I could also check into the "moving" thing. But, I'd prefer to be able to move and get the Cubs. However, Toledo would be better than nothing...I sure wouldn't want to lose the Pistons or Wings.

I also saw a prior poster mention MLB Network. We still don't have this, right? That would make this a no brainer. And, if Dish doesn't have this by the time my contract is up, I'm still a goner. It's unconscionable for them to still not have it. They better get it by next baseball season!

I also saw a prior poster mention MLB Network. We still don't have this, right? That would make this a no brainer. And, if Dish doesn't have this by the time my contract is up, I'm still a goner. It's unconscionable for them to still not have it. They better get it by next baseball season!
Dish dropped the MLB contract once DirecTV tried to get exclusive rights to Extra Innings in 2007 and only succeed in raising the cost for everyone by 300%. (DirecTV was going to get the exclusive rights to EI just like Sunday Ticket, congressmen threatened to intervene, and so MLB allowed InDemand to match DirecTV's bid)

Currently the league requires carrying Extra Innings to get the MLB Network; until that requirement changes you won't see the channel on Dish.

Have you looked into something like this: MLB.TV Premium and Roku | Watch LIVE Major League Baseball (MLB.com) Games On Your Roku Player ?
It would likely be the less expensive way to go.

Dish dropped the MLB contract once DirecTV tried to get exclusive rights to Extra Innings in 2007 and only succeed in raising the cost for everyone by 300%. (DirecTV was going to get the exclusive rights to EI just like Sunday Ticket, congressmen threatened to intervene, and so MLB allowed InDemand to match DirecTV's bid)

Currently the league requires carrying Extra Innings to get the MLB Network; until that requirement changes you won't see the channel on Dish.

Have you looked into something like this: MLB.TV Premium and Roku | Watch LIVE Major League Baseball (MLB.com) Games On Your Roku Player ?
It would likely be the less expensive way to go.

Yeah, I know the reasons they don't have MLB Network. But, that's not really our problem. I just want it....need it.

The Roku thing seems interesting, but boy, every single thing you watch on it costs you. I don't know...I'd have to think and check into that some more, before I committed to it. Seems like it'd be expensive. I already pay Dish way too much.

Just subscribed for the yearly 49.99 Multi-sports package as opposed to the price of 5.99 per month. E* CSR told me the fee would automatically be renewed yearly, unless I cancel the package. Good deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)