Multi-switch error code 740

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bcollis

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
CT
Last night, after having the H20 for a year, started to see a lot of pixilation and screen quickly flashing SFS or multi-switch error (not channel specific). The 3 other D10's in the house did not have this problem. Is this truely a multi-switch going bad or is the H20 going bad? The H20 was hotter than I remember being although it's been a while since I have put my hand on top of the unit.

Called D and have a tech scheduled for next Sat (10/13 ). They would not send out a replacement by Fed Ex (they did this once before for a D10).

Any suggestions?

I was getting this same error - but have only been a D* customer 30 days. H20-100 box. I had the tech over this weekend and he just forced a software download - you can do this by pressing the red reset button and when the blue screen comes up key in 0 2 4 6 8 and press nothing else - press them slowly - then it will say checking for software updates - mine said "new software found" in the top left corner - it then loads it up etc.

this seemed to correct the problem - however - I got the same error the following day - I reran guided setup - made sure 5 LNB was selected (if you have the new dish) and it works ok now.

I'm guessing there is a software problem and hoping D* fixes it real soon. the problem always corrects after running guided setup - its just a pain in the ass - if it continues I'll call again and request swap

Assuming you have the 5 LNB dish, I would start by making sure that you have a wide band 6x8 multi-switch and not a 4x8, or an overlooked 3x4. Also be sure there are no loose connections or shabby wire. Then you could try changing the DVR lines to a different output port on the WB6x8 multi-switch. If no luck then you can try by-passing the multi-sw by disconnecting the two cables going to the DVR and connecting them directly to the lines hooked up to the 13v/22k and 18v/22k input of the WB6x8 multi-sw. Be sure to make this connection with barrel (male/male) connectors. If you still have the same problem you can try also disconnecting the 13v and 18v inputs to the WB6x8 thus totally eliminating the external multi-sw. A red button reset at each step wouldn’t hurt, unless you’re pressed for time. After all this if you are still having problems you most likely have a bad LNB or receiver issues. Also when tech comes let them know you were messing around with the connections at the multi-sw.

Assuming you have the 5 LNB dish, I would start by making sure that you have a wide band 6x8 multi-switch and not a 4x8, or an overlooked 3x4. Also be sure there are no loose connections or shabby wire. Then you could try changing the DVR lines to a different output port on the WB6x8 multi-switch. If no luck then you can try by-passing the multi-sw by disconnecting the two cables going to the DVR and connecting them directly to the lines hooked up to the 13v/22k and 18v/22k input of the WB6x8 multi-sw. Be sure to make this connection with barrel (male/male) connectors. If you still have the same problem you can try also disconnecting the 13v and 18v inputs to the WB6x8 thus totally eliminating the external multi-sw. A red button reset at each step wouldn’t hurt, unless you’re pressed for time. After all this if you are still having problems you most likely have a bad LNB or receiver issues. Also when tech comes let them know you were messing around with the connections at the multi-sw.

In re-reading the OP I realize it says h20 not hr20. Probably no external multi-sw then but wouldn’t hurt to check.:eek:

I was getting the error with no multi switch installed - just using the dish 4x4 switch - hopefully the software update fixed the problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts