Status
Please reply by conversation.

UPEngineer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Chickasha, OK
Hello all,

I have D* and have the triple LNB dish installed. I have all 4 cables run from the integrated switch in the dish to receivers in the house. Two to tivo, 1 to hd receiver and 1 to sd receiver.

I now want to add at least one maybe two more receivers in my daughter's rooms.

Do I need to get another multiswitch to do this. I found one at Radio Shack that has lna and lnb and ant inputs and 4 outputs. Do I plug two of the existing cables into these inputs and then have 4 more outputs or do I need use something else to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

upconductor said:
Hello all,

I have D* and have the triple LNB dish installed. I have all 4 cables run from the integrated switch in the dish to receivers in the house. Two to tivo, 1 to hd receiver and 1 to sd receiver.

I now want to add at least one maybe two more receivers in my daughter's rooms.

Do I need to get another multiswitch to do this. I found one at Radio Shack that has lna and lnb and ant inputs and 4 outputs. Do I plug two of the existing cables into these inputs and then have 4 more outputs or do I need use something else to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

No you will need either a 4x8 or 5x8 multiswitch (both require constant power source). Hook all four lines coming from the dish into one of these type multiswitches and then run your lines out to the receivers (up to eight). You might try Value Electronics or eBay for the multiswitch. They retail for upwards of $100+, but can be had much cheaper if you look on the net.

depending on what satallite your locals come in on (101/110) you can get away with a 3x4 multiswitch for your non-HD boxes. this will only work to pass the 101 satellite, nothing else. i have done this. i repeat though, it will only work for the 101... if you need the 110/119 you need direct lines to the phase 3 or a 4x8 with all 4 lines from the p3 to the switch.

i would draw a diagram if it wasnt so friggen hot an i wasnt so lazy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)