multi-switch question

davisc

Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
western virginia
I have a DP1000 dish with 3LNB. The two cables come into the house, one going to a 211 receiver and the other a 301. I'm currently using a Phillips 3x4 switch which has a connection for OTA signals. I split that with a diplexer at each TV. While on the multiswitch the downstairs TV sometimes loses the sat.
and the upstairs is worse, not getting some channels at all. I'm running approx. 150FT from the dish. 1) Is there a compatible multiswitch with an OTA connection and 2) should it be powered or passive and lastly, am I at the fringe for needing an amplifier? Not using the switch, but only diplexers, I don't have a problem at either TV. I just want to clean up some wiring with the switch.

Thanks,
davisc

Get the Phillips 3x4 switch out of your system. It will not work with Dishnetwork. Forget diplexers they reduce OTA signal, run coax from antenna to each TV, do both TVs have digital tuners?

My TVs are a bit dated. They have NTSC tuners. One is a Samsung 2338W and the other is an older Sony XBR. I'm realizing that the Phillips unit doesn't fit in this scheme.

Thanks
Davisc

use a dish switch. dp 34's are very cheap. also the dpp44 is powered and may help with the picture clarity and the fact you are 150' from the dish. you dont need any input on the switch for ota, simply diplex them in, and then split them back off with diplexers at the tv. if they work fine without the switch then amplification isnt going to be neccesary.

150 ft doesnt mean anything. A legacy system can support that. And what do you mean dp 1000? is it two seperate lnb's at the end of the dish, or just one unit with 3 eyes? And if the installer didnt put a switch you dont need one. Just diplex the ant lines in with the sat lines. old tv's you will need a dtv converter box

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)