multi switch question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dims1

Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Hi,
Ok I'll try to keep this simple, hehehe:

I have a 4/8 powered multi switch.
the 4 in's are used up by 2 dishes(regular and local on separate dishes.... for a reason)
I have 4 receivers on 4 of the 8 outs of the MS.
I want to add the Filipino package by using one of my old 18" dishes with duel LNB.
I only need the Filipno channel on one receiver(a fifth receiver) but would like the rest of my Directv package on the Filipino receiver as well.
Question......
Is it possible to buy a smaller multi switch and run 2 cables from the Filipino dish to the in of that new MS? And then run a cable(or2) from the "out" of one of the 4 outs available on the 6/8 MS to an "in/s" on the new MS?
If so, how would I do this? maybe 2 cables out form the 6/8 MS and then I would need a new MS with 4 ins?

Maybe I only need 1 cable from the Fiipino dish.... then maybe I only need the second multi switch to have 3 ins....?

Sorry for such a long post being a newbie here. Hope I made sense :)
Thanks,
dims1

Last edited:
Multiswitch

Try the zinwell WB68
You didn't put your zip but if your locaks are on sat 72.5 you only need one coax from the dish. You didn't say if your regular dish was Round single LNB or 3 LNB.
The international feeds are from 95 degrees. All 3 dishes can connect to the zinwell and one output to each tuner (2 for DVR's) will allow all your subscribed services to be seen.

Doctor j

Thanks DJ,
I was hoping to continue using my 4x8 and just buy a smaller MS for the filipino dish to save some bucks. Plus the 4x8 is powered which I think helps in my long cables(over 100ft) to the receivers.

The filipino dish will be located at my garage which is where the 4x8 is located.

I'm curious if it is possible to receive an output from the 4x8 to a smaller MS and also run a cable from the filipino dish to combine those signals to the new 5th receiver.

I also wonder if I bought an unpowered 6x8.... if that would be a problem with the 100ft+ distance of the 2 dishes.
Thasnks again,

I am at 97523 and I'm currently using a oval 3 lnb only for locals and an old round 18" for my main programing. I use 2 dishes because of all the giant trees off in the distance and close up. By seperating using 2 dishes, I can get a much higher strength than uing only one dish. The two dishes are about 15' apart.

Thanks again,
dims1

Multiswitch

the wb68 although unpowered is not passive . It takes some power from receiver lnb 12+ volt output and gives a net balanced output. I checked signal strength single line straight thru and thru multiswitch 8 way split and virtually no difference. If anything there may have been a slight amplification.
I don't beleive anything other than the newer 6Xn multiswitches will combine the international signals. I think the 6x8 can be had on e-bay for under $50.00.

Doctor j

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)