Multifeed for 95°W and 99°W on a 6ft possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
Hi guys, looking for advice here...

I have a 6ft currently pointed at 99.0°W for Ku band and I'd like to get 95°W Ku band.

Is this possible with a 2 LNBf multifeed setup or are the sats too far apart?

TIA

You can make a bracket, or you can modify a bracket and do this. But, I seriously doubt that there is a specific bracket made for the Focal Point of a 6' dish? The ones you see for sale are made for Focal distances a bit closer to the dish, so it's doubtful they would work as is, but I'm sure they could be modified? It would probably be just as easy to build your own bracket from scratch? Good Luck!

Al

I dont know the exact focal point of your dish but if its around 48 inches the separation should be about 5 inches apart on those LNBs.
tune the dish for the weaker sat being centered and move the other LNB that much off center.
the off center one will be a weaker signal by a few points and you may have to play with the focal depth and the tilt of the LNB a slight amount to peak it.
But Yes it can work.

Very helpful - thank you!

I'll give it a go and see what happens!

Cheers

I dont know the exact focal point of your dish but if its around 48 inches the separation should be about 5 inches apart on those LNBs.
tune the dish for the weaker sat being centered and move the other LNB that much off center.
the off center one will be a weaker signal by a few points and you may have to play with the focal depth and the tilt of the LNB a slight amount to peak it.
But Yes it can work.

gpat you are right! F.D. is 48"

Is there a formula for calculating the separation between LNBs for each satellite?

Last edited:
KU Band or C-Band? This was in the C-Band area but you mention KU Band

I tried 99/95 C-Band on a 6 footer and failed miserably.....could get 95 good and the really strong stuff on 99 (WHT) very low.

KU Band or C-Band? This was in the C-Band area but you mention KU Band

I tried 99/95 C-Band on a 6 footer and failed miserably.....could get 95 good and the really strong stuff on 99 (WHT) very low.

I want the Ku stuff - sorry I guess this is in the wrong place. I seem to post everything here! I'm running a mixture of C & Ku with DVB & 4DTV

From other responses I gather the Ku stuff should be a easy win, I'll be trying tomorrow.

You can do the math based on 48 inches and 4 deg
I did it quickly in my head so Im sure its not dead on.
If you have a calculator that calculates it or look it up
in a table.

just so you know when you add the 2nd LNB its bass ackwards from how they are in the sky. So if you stand in front of the dish facing it and the dish is at 99W the 2nd LNB will be to the LEFT of the existing LNB

just so you know when you add the 2nd LNB its bass ackwards from how they are in the sky. So if you stand in front of the dish facing it and the dish is at 99W the 2nd LNB will be to the LEFT of the existing LNB

yea its like the angle of reflection
still for optimum results you want the dish close to center between them but if one sat is stronger than the other put that LNB as close to center as possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)