Multiple 6.3 Remotes Controlling TV1?

lwvmobile

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
Tallahassee Area
Thanks for the help in my other post, now I have another question.

I want to run multiple TVs off of TV1 HD connection on my VIP722 receiver and the SDTV on TV2, but only one tv1 will be by the receiver while the other tv1 will be in the next room. I want two seperate remotes to control TV1, and I am assuming I will have to use 6.3 UHF remotes all the way for two TV1s and the TV2.

I can do this right. Can two 6.3 remotes control TV1 and one 6.3 remote control TV2(dual tv mode, not single mode) at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the help in my other post, now I have another question.

I want to run multiple TVs off of TV1 HD connection on my VIP722 receiver and the SDTV on TV2, but only one tv1 will be by the receiver while the other tv1 will be in the next room. I want two seperate remotes to control TV1, and I am assuming I will have to use 6.3 UHF remotes all the way for two TV1s and the TV2.

I can do this right. Can two 6.3 remotes control TV1 and one 6.3 remote control TV2(dual tv mode, not single mode) at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

Yes You can. I have a 21.o remote in UHF mode and a 5.3 remote also. they are both programed using the same code and I have a 6.3 remote for TV2. I had 2 6.3 remotes for TV1 before I got the 21.0 remote. All you have to do is make sure they are the same code

Just set all the remotes for a particular "TVx" to the same address, you should be fine.

I have one IR and two UHF TV1 remotes, and three UHF TV2 remotes. I have found that life is much more enjoyable if both spouses have their own remote, even in the same room.

Reminds me of a story. My mother-in-law called me once for "technical support," the satellite box was just changing channels and doing different stuff all on its own. Turned out father-in-law was snoring in his recliner, on top of his remote.

I got my second 6.3 remote today that I purchased cheap on eBay. It only came with the TV2 tab with the black uhf logo on the other side. Pulled the tab out and noticed the slider switch where the tab goes, and found out it has four positions, and it would seem that 3rd from the left(facing up) is the setting for IR/UHF PRO BAND A/B.

So, when I go into system info and choose set the remote using the record button, it changes in system info from defalt 1 IR to 1 IR/UHF PRO BAND A. The problem is, I can't hit done using the remote, it will not allow me to do that, not to mention if I just hit select on the receiver box, then go back to system info by hitting the button on the remote, it just goes back to 1 IR for tv1.

What am I doing wong? Do I really need the TV1 UHF tab, right now there is no tab in the remote, since it changes the switch. I also experimented with the other switch positions, and it seems with the black uhf tab it, I can change channels with the IR function, but I can't change channels in another room.

Any suggestions.

Okay, I was able to figure it out. For whatever reason it wouldn't save the settings, even after a power cycle, but when I reset it again and hit help while waiting for the 722 to boot up, i was able to go from help to system info and for grins i hit record again on the uhf remote and it changed and I hit done, then went back to the same thing and it stuck this time, now I can operate with the 5.3 and 6.3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)